Relocating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobbie

Reaction score
If i decided to relocate to Colorado after our trip in 3 weeks time, just how hard or easy would it be for me to start up growing mj on a large scale with supplying the medical dispensaries being my main objective, or if possible at all.
I know this may sound a little far fetched but i'll never know unless i ask.
Scoobbie

Hi Scoobbie, I don't know about Co, but it is a hard gig in Cali right now. Pounds are going for 600 bucks. That isn't enough to make a living. There is a pot glut... Sorry to sound negative but ask around more and get a whole lot of other opinions. Good luck to you.

Is there any place in Colorado that has nice warm weather all year? I love the state but as I recall, the Winters are brutal.

Hi and thank you for your replies, i had a google around and it seems you need to be a resident for last two years to start up yourself,that said i could be partner in a business already going or starting up but i don't do partners, been there and been robbed many years ago by a dodgy 'mate'.
Yes winters are a little brutal when i go in 17 days time it may be -20 but its only snow and wind.
$600 for 16oz!!! man now that is brutal.
Scoobbie

The green rush has had many casualties.

Weather in Denver can be crazy. They might have 5" of snow one day and then the next day have temps in the 60s and it all melts away. I have never lived there, but my son lives there...and it always seems that when I visit it is winter. Last time I was there, it was cold (down around 0) with wind, but virtually no snow. The time before, a foot or so of snow, but warmer temps--sweatshirt weather, not down parka weather.

Weather in Denver can be crazy. They might have 5" of snow one day and then the next day have temps in the 60s and it all melts away. I have never lived there, but my son lives there...and it always seems that when I visit it is winter. Last time I was there, it was cold (down around 0) with wind, but virtually no snow. The time before, a foot or so of snow, but warmer temps--sweatshirt weather, not down parka weather.

That has pretty much been my experiences with Colorado.

You would think that Southern Colorado, as the mountains come down to the desert in New Mexico, that there would be a fertile valley down there somewhere. And, moderate weather, something between Denver and Santa Fe weather. But, there's not. It's like the mountains just crash down into the desert. And there are NO towns to live in. ***!!!! LOL

It's is cold here and Winter is just around the corner (late coming this year) and I just want to live somewhere that has nice weather all year long. PLEASE can I move to Southern Cali?

I think Santa Barbara would be one of the nicest places to live in Cali. I have spent quite a bit of time in Cali and I don't think there's a prettier, more mellow place that has moderate weather all year than Santa Barbara.

Colorado is definitely one of the most beautiful states we have but...... burrrrrrr. LOL

Sounds perfect to me, very unlike in June when we were in Florida for the theme parks, man every other day with the grand children in 100f heat and 90% humidity and hardly any shade for 8+ hours at each theme park. They are very impressive, especially the Harry Potter Sets and Stuff. Anyway i just ordered my go pro copy for my filming my very first attempts at skiing and snowboarding, wish me luck i may need it.
Scoobbie.

Scoobbie, you can definitely get the 100 degree heat in the summer, but the humidity is not going to be 90%. Never snowboarded, but was a pretty avid skier when I was younger. When you grow up somewhere that there is snow on the ground for 4-5 months of the year, you got to have something fun to do. Also loved to ice skate. I recommend taking a lesson or 2 so you have the basics down. Make sure you have the proper clothing--if you're wet nd freezing, it is no fun. Think you will like it though...something about roaring down the mountain through virgin snow that I never got tired of.

Hackerman, I hear you about the weather, but at my age, I'm not sure if I could adapt to no winter. The changing of the seasons has been a part of my life for 65 years and is something I look forward to. Not much of a fan of winter, but think I would be somewhat disoriented without it. Also, I have discovered that I can do cold better than I can do crowds. High population areas make me nervous and uneasy. And I haate driving in rush hour traffic.

Son in law was a ski instructor 13 years ago and has already arranged free ski passes through his friends in Colorado, so all is looking good plus i bought myself a sony alpha 7ii for some good photos.
Thanks for all you advice and i wish you all a Happy Xmas and New Year.
Scoobbie

SoCal, Santa Barbara or the SF Bay Area would be great places to live if all the people would just leave...I’ve lived in both but too much congestion for me now...
I’m thinking of being a snowbird next winter and heading south for a few months. Maybe stay in keef’s grow room or somethin.

I didn't think Santa Barbara was congested at all. Very quaint and pleasant little town. Maybe I missed the mainstream or something. I was only there a couple weeks.

Well, generally getting anywhere in SoCal is a pain on a daily basis...

Is Santa Barbara considered SoCal? Because my experience there was that of a small and quaint town. I have seen faster paced cities in West Virginia. LMAO

Jesus its freezing cold here in fairplay colorado and tonight i am sampling some grape stomper or grape kush anyone ever heard of any of them the stomper is suposed to be thc 22-29% i have never heard of such a high thc content as this in my life.
Time for bed will make a smoke then its goodbye from me.Scoobbie.

Latest posts

Back