Let's help each other's Electric bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solar is what I am Looking into lately to save elect in so many ways..
I can say my elect bill this yr is alot higher then last yr and that due to I had a newer 2 bedroom trailer 14x66 brought in and took out a 1 bedroom 12x52 and I checked useage from this yr to last and year befor that I can see a Big different from then to now about $45, So should I worry about it ? Naw Let the elect company invest and they can see that there No More 1 Bedroom here and a 2 bedroom with a shop out back..
when moven into a new (Rental) Place and u have to call the elect company to have them turn on the lights don't they ask how many bedroom ? They always ask us so I am not worry to much..

Solar Solar is the way to go..

Hi, This post of mine will surely updates knowledge and contain valuable information. However I would like suggestions about some specific information. If you can help me then please send me a private message. Many Thanks,

Hello Everyone,

This thread is very informative and I'm sure i can pick up lot of tips and save. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Hope to have good time here.

MrPuffAlot said:
since the deregulation of electric companies
we as consumers are allegedly able to buy
power from different power companies.

You buy your electricity from a electric company other
than your local one, so basically you are able to shop
kilowatt prices. But you still have to pay for distribution and
etc etc etc to your local company.

Anyways.. First thing we need to do is shop for the lowest
kilowat prices from around the country.
So if you know your Kilowat prices, POST them.

and if you are computer savy, research whos the cheapest, if you can.

I looked into it before, but figured, if it wasn't broken not to fix it.
So i kept my local company.

as for conserving.. I can't skimp on the AC, i got young kids and work
alot, last thing I want to do is come home to a sauna.

Were I live we only have 1 company to go though.I leave lights off (if I can)
I hang dry some of my laundy
I leave my porch light off..your right about the dog letting you know
thank you for this thread

The real problem is fuel prices by me its almost up to 4 dollars. You guys should look into fuel vaporizers for your car I have been for awhile and about to make a purchases. there is not much info about this but look hard sometimes there on ebay. they honestly do work why they arent in every car is the government but dont get me started. They get you 50% to 90% better fuel mileage and run around about 250$ custom made for your car . Thats one way to save some cash this summer.

I would have to recomend all of the above but with a few solar panels, why waste sunshine? you could have them power your house and if you make more than you use it can go right into the local power grid, and run your meter backwards potentaly giving you a check from the power company instead of a bill, or you could run your grow lights off solar and batteries wich would be more expencive but worth it. Imagine numerous little shed/shacks with a few solar panles around them? you could grow anywhere there is enough light(or add more panels)

Actually, Stanley Meyer found a zero point water power cell, it works but you have to build it yourself then buy a hydrogen engine to convert hydrogen into energy, it works with water, total cost of monthly electric is just a few dollars for water to power the engine...

Go to you tube and type in john hutchison he is one of the smartest people that has ever lived he is big into zero point energy and gravity manipulation. you should take a look into its really cool.

Just a little heads up to anyone thinking about starting a grow out there. Now is a great time to start because it is extremely easy to mask the power usage in your bill. Now that central air units and air conditioners are starting to get cranked to full blast the power companies are expecting huge spikes in bills. If you were to paranoid about being discovered by growing during the winter now is a great time.

Cut off the central air for a few hours a day, or set the timer on the unit to shut off an hour after you go to work and an hour before you come home and that should balance out the usage of your garden while still keeping your house cool while you are in it.

THCPezDispenser said:
Also, you can get tankless water heaters, they heat water on demand. The have a pricey initial investment, but claims that it will save 50% on your water heating bill. If you think about it, most of the energy in a hotwater tank is used just to keep it hot, while you are at work, over night, on the weekends while you are away, etc.http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
these r good if ur water out of tap is constantly 50* otherwise they r not efficient.

well if you think you have problems check this out.

lol

i had my electric meter changed a year last march and since that time have had it read by my electric company provider every 3 months yet i have yet to receive any bill.

my meter stands me at £2,400 at this moment in time.

yes i have all electric heating washing machine dryer shower hot water heater etc etc etc and also more importantly all my growing stuff.

so had a letter from untility company stating im due a new electric meter as mine is considered out of date.

holy crap im busted ill have to pay the bill as i already had a new meter fitted a year last march.

i have a few mates in the same situation so its obvious someone has messed up and not informed the relevant electricity supplier that we are on the map so to speak.

watch this space

roflmao

pkj

The big thing with the whole energy thing is the technology is already here to make most homes electric company independent. However the cost of implementing this technology in our own homes is ridiculous. I am sure there is technology big governement (lobbyists) keeps from us. Several wind generators + solar technology would cut the worlds dependance on fossil fuels considerably, but at what cost to those poor CEO's of big power who desperately need another yacht?....

i got a good idea on saving fuel, start walking!!!!! or carpooling instead of driving around aimlsly in no direction... also unplug all plugs that arnt being used in your house like tv plugged in on or off is wasteing electricity. also reuse your towels those are the biggest energy waster when washing cloth, ohh and run the dishwasher when its completly full.

it isnt saving on electrical power, but if all fast food "drive thru's" had a "down grade" so cars could be turned off and just roll by, how much fuel would that save?

Hey everyone! Tons of usefull advice in here. I'm a big supporter of solar power unfortunately I can't afford the initial investment. I mean, seriously though why depend on something that's going to run out when we can get our power from the sun! It'll be around long after we're gone and it's FREE! I spent the whole day working with my power company to find a way to lower my bill. I don't want to be obnoxious and start re-posting stuff in all different sections of the site so check out either of these two posts (and be sure to check out the grow journal ;))

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28890

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27192

I keep my a/c at 77. I would shut it off, but already this year we've hit 112 outside. Try only running your dishwasher when it's totally full.

Hi all

Nice threadreading here.

I was thinking about getting some solar cells 1 month back, and the longer I came the more watts I wanted.

First it was only meant to run some music + lights when we go on festivals. I was recommended a 20w solar panel, and he said a 10w maybe would cut it (for playing + lights 3-4 hours every night) This would be easy to set up, and coul be done for total 200 bucks + 12 v battry which I have.

But I found these mofo's and suddently I start thinking on creating a solar bloomroom.

The setup - if I wanted to give it a go:
2x
http://cgi.ebay.com/Uni-Solar-PVL136-watts-Thin-Film-Solar-Panel-BC_W0QQitemZ280251172268QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280251172268&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1318
1050 bucks

4x10 bulbs = 40x1900 lumens = 76000 (sounds too good) and colour 2700 should be fine for flowering.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-TEN-10X-DC-12V-6W-SOLAR-PANEL-CFL-LIGHTBULB-E27_W0QQitemZ250277332162QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250277332162&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318
4x30 = 120 bucks

Controller
http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230275072106
45 pound = about 100 bucks

Then add - one large car/industry 12 volt battery or 2-3 normal car batteries.

Total 1270 dollars and I would even buy 30-40 bulbs extra - just in case the setup makes more power than i thought.

Unfortunately "seen this way" I live in Denmark and well, we are not the country with most sunshine hours in the world... So hmm will be waiting a little. But would love to see someone doin it.

Been searching for hours, and none competetors at the time came in reach of the uni solars I found. When you look at watt/dollar price.

One more thing. Think you should be carefull about hunting the lower prices. Here in DK, when you want another company, you get one of the newer digital power boxes - these I was told, are much easier for the police to locate a grow by, as the times of consumption are saved in the box and sent to electricity company. So they could easily see if the highest consumption is in 12 hours cycles, and starting at the second every day...

Just my 50

All the links above are closed, but this one will give you everything you need in one place.

wholesalesolar.com

I am seriously looking into using solar as my only source of electricity in my grow room. If anyone else has done this I would appreciate any comments or tips.

well, i just checked my space heater and that uses 750 watts! its not even big! i always have my computer on, 400w, and my 47 inch flat panel that its connected too, thats about 700w i believe, so i can do with not having them on all the time. switched all my light bulbs in the house to cfl's, they are much cheaper, 27w vice 40w! god knows that i dont need the dryer cycle on the dishwasher and when i run the dryer i set it for 70 minutes, even tho it only takes about 45 minutes to dry my clothes! so all in all, i should be able to lower my bill to even lower than what its gonna be with my 1000w mh/hps!

hope this helps guys and puts your wattage into perspective, you can always save!

A very useful thread that mainly focussed how to reduce the electric bill.

Latest posts

Back