emmm some fresh brewed tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBFan ...not at all my man...keep the knowledge flowin:D

I've only been brewing for a month and a half, so i'm still learning, but I tend to just do (1) 3 gal. batch a week and brew for about 24 hours. I use it all up though, but next year i'll be doing bigger batches for my garden and like you guys, brew for a week so I can feed stuff at different times as need be.

I also found that my small pump really doesn't do well with 2 lines Tee'd to 4 with 4 airstones. I've been running 2 airstones and 2 straight hose. Maybe a proper 4-way gang valve will help. But like BBfan said, I may take his advise and just use hose, no stones.

thanks guys! I have a 3 gallon batch of bud and bloom compost tea brewing now. Ill skip the airstone, just use the air tube now! And like you guys said, I try to make a small batch so i can use it all within the week. How many cups per gallon do you use? Im using around 4-5 cups for a 10 gallon pot.

Edit: This is a fertilizer and compost tea btw. Not just micros.

Dry ingredients include:

fish bone meal, feather meal, mined potassium sulfate, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, seaweed extract, seven strains of beneficial soil microbes plus Ecto and Endo Mycorrhizae.

Plus a couple tablespoons of blackstrap

drfting07 said:
thanks guys! I have a 3 gallon batch of bud and bloom compost tea brewing now. Ill skip the airstone, just use the air tube now! And like you guys said, I try to make a small batch so i can use it all within the week. How many cups per gallon do you use? Im using around 4-5 cups for a 10 gallon pot.

Edit: This is a fertilizer and compost tea btw. Not just micros.

4 to 5 cups of these?:
fish bone meal, feather meal, mined potassium sulfate, alfalfa meal, kelp
meal, seaweed extract, seven strains of beneficial soil microbes plus Ecto and
Endo Mycorrhizae

Seems pretty potent. Wouldn't imagine you would need to feed them this brew very often. How often do you feed them this mix?

Yeah drifting I tend to do anywhere from a 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup of my ingredients in my 3gal. Batch.....you can prob get away with mixing less in...what fertilizers are you using?

BBFan said:
4 to 5 cups of these?:

Seems pretty potent. Wouldn't imagine you would need to feed them this brew very often. How often do you feed them this mix?
No, no no....sorry guys that would be quite the brew tho lol. The compost/fertilizer tea is made from a product by Dr. Earth, its a bud and bloom fertilizer and those are the "ingredients" I a little more than 1 cup for 1 gallon of distilled, ph'd water. After brewing for at least 24 hours i apply this at a rate of 4-5 cups for a 10 gallon pot. My signature has plenty of info on his products.

My question was how many cups of your tea or brew do you use for one plant, or cups per gallons of soil?

Sorry I misunderstood. Woulda been like mud if you were using that much.

As far as how much per plant, that depends on lots of things. I usually add 1 or 2 cups per gallon of water. I use rainwater when I can or tap water otherwise (I have well water- high ph but no chlorine) and do not ph adjust. Depends on what's in your mix. If I'm addressing a deficiency, I'll give 'em more, sometimes straight tea.

Latest posts

Back