Looking for a New Home Site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSL

Reaction score
Hello, I'm KSL, nice to meet ya.

I'll admit I haven't browsed the site much as of yet but I did look through a few threads and noticed right away that the people here seem to have a friendly attitude, which is about my only requirement in my search of a new grow site to call home. It's been quite a while since I joined a forum, and to my surprise the ones I used to frequent seem to be missing, or not functioning anymore. I've been on a bit of a grow hiatus over the past few years, other things in life came up and demanded more attention but I'm eager to get back into the swing of things. I'm not growing at all at the moment, and have no real plans of growing indoors again in the next couple of years but I am determined to make a triumphant return this year with a decent outdoor crop.

I've been growing indoor for about 10 years and outdoor since my first failed attempt in my teenage years, about 15 years ago. Never been a large scale grower, always filled closets, cabinets, or whatever else I could stuff plants into. Outdoors I've got a little more ambitious in the past but I'm not planning huge numbers for this year, just a few nice, respectable plants.

I'm more than happy to help a fellow grower out whenever I can, and I still look forward to learning for as long as I grow. Here's to doing both at MarijuanaPassion :vap-Bong_smoker:

You're welcome here with us!

Welcome to MP KSL. Nice to have you. Enjoy your time here.

Thanks marcmatar, and Rosebud. :)

It's nice to be back amongst fellow growers again, I'm looking forward to checking out some of the grows MP members have got going.

I probably won't have any new pictures of anything for a couple months yet but I'll be starting a journal sooner than later I'm sure. Despite what I posted yesterday just being back on a grow site is making me want to start my indoor grow back up, I will making a new cab soon enough, even if I don't grow in it right away it'll give me something to post about ;)

Waiting thatt! Keep us updated ;)

KLS --Welcome to MP !--- We have a Wake and Bake session daily over at the Home of the Old Fart's Club in the coffee table section every morning you're welcome to swing by anytime !--- The O.F.C. isn't just for seniors it seems to be evolving into a community !--

Thanks for the welcomes Keef and pcduck :D

I keep noticing the Old Fart's Club but I didn't wanna intrude, I know how cantankerous some old farts can be :laugh: I've got a joint freshly rolled though so I guess I oughtta stop by and say hi.

It is always great to be able to welcome a new member. We do have a lot of friendly experienced folks here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks a lot THG, I'm getting the feeling I could be browsing the site forever, tons of cool things on the grow. I guess I should have saw it coming but even being here for a couple days reading about everybody's grow is giving me the grow fever, awesome stuff.

I've already seen a few things that reminded me of all I've still got left to learn, I've yet to get my hands into organics of any kind. I've had a couple hydro-esque grows but I've always wanted to build myself a cool DWC system to try too. Tried coco a couple of times with dismal results, always wanted to give that a go again, I'll be dammed if I let coconuts beat me :laugh: Pretty well been a dedicated soil grower since the start, always had room for experiments but the vast majority have been soil. The only other medium I've used somewhat extensively is hempy, but even that I tend to use only for cloning.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, happy to be here :48:

Been without the internet for a couple of months since moving but I plan on being back on MP regularly any day now. Got some plants out, the biggest is probably about four and a half feet, the smaller ones were about two and a half. I'll get some pictures this weekend and hopefully be able to get back online later in the week. The location isn't ideal but I'll make it work with a little luck.

Here's hoping I've got something good to post about when I'm back online :D

KSL ---Wondered what happened to U !-- U know where we at !--Like Rose said --- We'll be here !

Welcome to MP
I think outdoor grows are so cool looking. The plant in nature. Just stellar. Looking forward to learning from you and sharring with you.
Stay green.:smoke1:

Geeeeze time goes by slow when you're not growing. :confused:

It's been a couple of years since my last visit and I haven't grown anything since then. I'm also still doing without any sort of decent internet but I'll manage, boredom is getting the better of me. Hopefully not too much has changed around here, the community MP has is great and I'm looking forward to taking part once again.

Hello to anyone I got to know in my short time here before, and to all those I've yet to meet :)

Welcome back. I am not a fan of Autos but if you are looking for a way to scratch your growing ich they might be the perfect fit. Semi-quick turnaround and no need to switch light cycles are definite pluses.

Hey Hamster luckily for me I've got more room to grow than I ever have so I can finally do all the things my limited space prevented me from before. So long story short I've got a list of strains to get to and all kinds of room to grow them in, finally :D

The cab I'll shortly be building has been in the works for years, all to avoid making the same dozens of mistakes I've already made o_O Course last time I bought lights LEDs were still pretty expensive so my plan had always called for HPS. Times have changed it seems like, I'm starting to lean away from the heat.

Hey Hamster luckily for me I've got more room to grow than I ever have so I can finally do all the things my limited space prevented me from before. So long story short I've got a list of strains to get to and all kinds of room to grow them in, finally :D

The cab I'll shortly be building has been in the works for years, all to avoid making the same dozens of mistakes I've already made o_O Course last time I bought lights LEDs were still pretty expensive so my plan had always called for HPS. Times have changed it seems like, I'm starting to lean away from the heat.

Yes prices have dropped a lot. Just know that you will still put off heat, just not as much and you will save on electric bills. My biggest fear with HPS was an accidental fire.

Reactions: KSL
The way I'm figuring the absence of HPS will mean several great things for me, less heat is a big one, less power consumption is always nice, there's also getting to downsize the fans and ducting a little, and the noise that goes with big fans and big ballasts can be reduced to a faint hum.

Latest posts

Back