Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Kaotik Dynasty's CCK
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growroom Setup and Design
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #1
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman
Default Can you connect a filter/air cooled duct/fan into one piece?

Just thinking about possibilities.

Using a 16" x 6" filter, I connect that right to one of the outlets on the air cooled hood. On the other end of the hood, I'll attach an inline fan. From the fan, I can use a piece of duct to run wherever I vent to.

So, the filter, hood and fan are essential one piece, now. Couple extra hangers to support everything. Nice, simple one piece unit.

The only bad thing I foresee is the fan vibrating the hood. May have to put a small piece of duct between the two just to absorb the vibration.

Thoughts, anyone?
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
BenfukD

BenfukD

shouldn't vibrate that bad if its anchored well. Be sure to leave easy access to the light bulbs when they need changed. you may also need a Speed controller for the inline fan

Ben
BenfukD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

No you don't want to do it that way. First, it will be heavy and cumbersome. Second, you want your fan outside of your grow space as it will radiate heat ffrom the heated air going through it and from its own heat generation. Not to mention that it will take up a lot of space when connected together as one piece.

I would suspend the ffilter from the ceiling and then connect it to the light ffixture by flex hose. Then from the other side of the fixture, run flex hose out off the space to the fan. Hang the ffan with "zip-ties" or heavy gauge electrical wiring so that it hangs free in the air as this will reduce any vibration being transmitted through the building as a hum.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Thanks HP, that was my other (and most logical) option.

Thanks again to all for the help you've been giving.
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

I like Hush 's way. The only thing I do differently is my fan hangs in the top left corner inside my tent. Then flexi hose out the top opening and to a window where it gets vented outside.

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote