A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to do a bunch of quotes, but my computer has been down so I've been doing all of this from the Tapatalk app on my phone.

Game plan for box/tent, I'm going to continue vegging in what I have here, and I'll LST as much as necessary until I get a tent.

This should work just fine, with the thought of "don't let that damn light fall again"

I'll aim for the tent and hps though, and ill reroute if finances force me to do so for the hps.

Ok, this is the plan. Do not deviate from the plan. Cool beans? :aok:

And yeah, you'll probably be fine with what you have going on for nutes etc, just have to let the plant stress it and get through it.

I do an awful lot of browsing on worldwide marijuana seeds. The single seed thing is what makes me like the idea of going through them. Good idea on checking peoples grows before buying. I do always want everything I read on

Also a great site from what I've read, I just use The Attitude only really. :)

I have 4 different grows, with acres and acres of text and hi-res images.. feel free to take a couple hours and absorb my hardships and triumphs! :D

I'm gonna work on the tent. I'd much rather spend 80 bucks and just have to set something up vs, spend the time to convert something into a box.

Bravo! See, once you get this tent setup, you'll really see that this was your proper move the entire time. It's just MADE to do what you need, and is rather cheap. As far as the cheap tents on eBay and stuff, I've heard great things about them... personally, I prefer a GREAT tent. There's many reasons why, but with that said... you'll be 1000% better off with the cheapest of cheap tents over making a rinky dink thing out of a shin dig....or whatever. lol

Get the tallest height you can.. 7' if possible. You'll always find your height is what you'll fight. Sounds to me like 2'x2' would be more than good for you.. but hey, if you have the space go for 2x4.. just understand that you'll then need twice the lighting :aok: No issue, you have have the spare funds. We'll all sort you out on what to buy and where you can buy it too.

I wanted to do a bunch of quotes, but my computer has been down so I've been doing all of this from the Tapatalk app on my phone.

No worries. I feel it's just easier to do "question and answer" style with multi-quote methods... I can understand a block-o-text too, as long as grammar is mostly on. :aok:

The light shouldn't fall. I actually just reinforced it a little to insure the tape doesn't give... Which it would've sooner or later. I just gotta figure out a better method. Just used some string for now, and when I get home from work tonight I'll do something better.

And yep, im definitely sticking to the plan.

Yeah, I got turned onto the site from MP'ers. I never actually bought seeds from there yet, I've been really close but I got paranoid and changed my mind haha. I'll end up buying em for the next go around. That's for sure.

And I will also check out your grows tonight, I need some good reading!

If I can find a spot a 7 footer would go, I will. My closets look like a 5 ft tent would be almost pushing it. If I took out the shelves and everything it would be a different story, but I rent, so I'm iffy about touching most things. Hell, I'm iffy about the growing in general! Scared a random pipe will burst, or anything, and the landlord will find out.

Ugh.. My state needs to hurry up and legalize..

And I can do quotes, but multiple would get really really complicated. I'd prefer to do quotes because it does make everything easier to understand.

I'm too busy to read all that now, but I can tell you that you can buy hose clamps that are the size of the bulb socket, i just got a dozen the other day for all the cfls in my cloning seedling chamber

How would I go about using those and what for? I have a few slight ideas but I'm sure how you use them would be better. I'm assuming yo hold the lights in place

i was wondering that too schooly but thought i was too buzzed to comprehend it...:cool:

i'm sorry i was in a hurry couldn't elaborate... well the type of hose clamps that are used to fix the hose to a wall, it has a main screw for the wall and 2 small screws to tighten the hose. you simply put the cfl and tighten it and you can screw it to the ceiling of your chamber. hope it is clear without having to go take pics for you :D

I have not seen those but they sound like a great idea. Thx.

there i found a pic of it online

Hmmm.. I don't know if I have seen one either... That or I am just not realizing what it is, lol. Can you find a link or picture of what one looks like. Sounds like a great idea, but I'd have no idea what I'm looking for. Only thing I can think of is a standard hose clamp with only one screw to tighten.

BTW, picture update.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538697440.jpg
Same temp, same humidity. It was around 20% but it went up when I added water.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538749722.jpg
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538775069.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538789779.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538804120.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538816783.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427538831142.jpg

I tried to rotate it around to get pics at all angles.

I pulled the tall stalk down and took a large paper clip and bent it how I needed it, to keep it in place.

Works well. Lol.

Now I have a few things to pick up, starting with those. And something really important I have forgotten to buy... A pH tester. Any suggestions on one that won't cost an arm and a leg? There's a few meters on amazon around 15-25 bucks that have good ratings on them. But I figured I'd check here before I buy.

Remember.... you're either taking this serious, or not. There's really no "hobbist" in between mode. I mean "there is" .. but c-mon, you're a Schoolman remember?! So make sure you get a respectable PH meter. I do not like them, but I'd suggest the Hanna meters (square pen not round pen.. will link)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instruments-98107-Tester-Accuracy/dp/B002NX0VY2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1427542988&sr=8-5&keywords=hanna+ph+meter[/ame] That is $39.99 and would be the cheapest meter that I would ever consider purchasing. With that said, here's the one I (and many others) use, and it's considered "the best" for branding.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-pH-Pen-Measuring-Temperature/dp/B005POOJHG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1427543055&sr=8-6&keywords=bluelabs+ph[/ame] Awesome pen right here! I love mine, but I'm hydro and it's super important to check every single day, and accurately!

Also, very good job on the LST. I would've used a metal and bent it just as you did. 100% perfect :aok:

.."................................... < See Rose it's working . I'm confused it's ok for him to use CFL and bag seed cause he is an old time member or is this MP new approach to work with what people have?

I'll go for the 40 dollar one for now, and up it when cash allows. Too many bills due right now. Lol. Thanks for giving me good options! I know you get what you pay for so it would probably be well worth the 80 bucks spent.

And good, I was trying to find something to use to do it, and I was telling myself to leave the twistie ties on my bread! LOL

.."................................... < See Rose it's working . I'm confused it's ok for him to use CFL and bag seed cause he is an old time member or is this MP new approach to work with what people have?

They're just helping me work with what I have at the moment and strongly recommending I change my set up and get seeds from a reputable bank next time.

Latest posts

Back