30X lens, maginifying glass/microscope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hello,

People have recommended the use of a 30x power magnifying glass or microscope. All I've seen in my neck of the woods (southern California) is low magnification magnifying glasses or 60x -100x microscopes (Radio Shack). I've been to, and called many places in an effort to get a 30x lens and I've found nothing with a 30x lens. I don't like the microscope, because the field of view is too small. Is there anybody who lives in my area that specifically knows of a place where a 30x lens can be obtained?

Thanks,

Alistair

Dont really know Alistair. I am going to get the one from radio shack and that will work fine to see the trichs. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Well, I imagine that what I want exists somewhere. Yeah, the 60x does work.

Thanks,

Alistair

Alister Young you have it backwards, 100x is better/more magnification than 30x... so why do you have your heart set in on the 30x? I have the radio shack microscope and can see the trichs very well. It goes from 60-100x.

You could always get one off ebay. I haven't been able to find any 30x magnifying glass either, so I think I am just going to go with the Radio Shack microscope.

Well, maybe I do have it backwards. However, it's nice to have a bit lower magnification sometimes in order to be able to see a larger group of trichromes at once. Never mind the 30X, I need to appreciate what I have.

i got the childrens toy called Eye Clops at wal-mart for 50 bucks. it magnifies 200x and plugs into the tv so it shows up on the screen . it works pretty good

i just found that toy at toy's r us for like 40-50 bucks goin to get it soon

I bought that one for 10.95 from storeforknowledge.com i will post pics when i recieve it.

Latest posts

Back