Do i have the right idea???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

215zealot

Just want to run my plans by some of the experts here, i have been research and slowly formulating my hydro grow.

I have a 4x4 tray and two 400 HPS, the store reccomended a 20-30 gallon res but i havent bought one yet.

I have the water pump, tubing, some fittings, got my dremel ready to drill the table, etc.

So i have a few questions.

First, i was thinking it would easier to just run the tube from the water pump in a drip system style thing, with the nutrient tube running over the tray with several holes poked out over each pot.

I will only drill holes for the drainage back into the nutrient bin (ONLY ONE HOLE CORRECT? or can i do two?)

Also, i dont really know how many times i should water the plants each day with this method. I was originally gonna do an Ebb-n-Flow with twice-a-day flooding, but for some reason the Drip method is more appealing because i dont have to drill the hydrotray a second time.

He bro, take a look at my grow in my sig. Look at the first page. It shows my method of Hydro, and I think that is what you are tryin to do.

Take a look and post any questions here, and i will try to answer them!

for some reason i cant see your sig, can you post link??

thanks alot.

HEY GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS???
HYDROTRAY.jpg

its like a combo of ebb and drip, the water pump delivers precise water/nute to each plant, and the actual flow tube will also connect back into the resevoir allowing any extra solution to just be pumped back up.

I will also install a secondary flood drainage tube that also goes back to the res. I am confused about one thing---> WILL THERE BE EXTRA WATER/NUTE SITTING IN THE TRAY?? or do i want to drain ALL moisture so the roots dont drown. I see peple with their flood drains high up, so there must be nute solution sitting in the tray at all times correct??

What do you guys think? Will this work?

The roots wont drown. Everything looks good.

But I just don't know if you still need the roots in a reservoir if your doing the ebb and drip.

On an ebb and flow with the feed coming up from the bottom the high drain will skim off the water at a desired level and then when the pump stops the water will slowly drain back down thru the feed hole back to the res. There should not be standing water in the tray between floods.

tankdogster said:
On an ebb and flow with the feed coming up from the bottom the high drain will skim off the water at a desired level and then when the pump stops the water will slowly drain back down thru the feed hole back to the res. There should not be standing water in the tray between floods.

wouldn't the feed holes be too small and impossible to position to completely flush all the water after a flood session?

yea i am realizing that is very hard to get all water to drain properly. i have my hydro table slanted and the water is moving better now. my table is supported by multiple buckets and i can adjust the height easily by just removing buckets, etc.

Mr. Green has a 9 part video on youtube that goes over all of this and he has great tips on doing all of this. Step by step. I found it very very informative check it out. Some one on t. Try to find it

thanks for the youtube link i learned alot from that guy setting up my grow room a few months ago, never hurts to rewatch things you always learn something new.

Latest posts

Back