Clone stems tougher than from seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I just went to LST a couple of my Aurora clones and the hybrid Aurora/Oaxaca that was grown from seed. All the plants same height and similar stem.
But I found it very easy to gently bend the hybrid plant and tie it down; it took me much longer with the clones because the stems were so stiff.
Is this, do you think,
1. Different genetics (50-50) in the hybrid? or
2. Because the hybrid came from seed?

because one is from seed and one was a branch which was thicker and stronger because its older than the young stem.

Makes sense, thanks. There was quite a difference.

yeah, ive noticed that my clones stems are uber thick for their height, kinda cool i guess, maybe i wont have to use stakes to hold them up from the weight of the buds they produce.

Quick question: Is there a thread somewhere on this site explaing How To Clone" ? Probly is, just cannot find it. The size of the branch, starter soils,ect for clones,ect-Thanks-Rotten

Quick question: Is there a thread somewhere on this site explaing "How To Clone" ? Probly is, just cannot find it. The size of the branch, starter soils,ect for clones,ect-Thanks-Rotten

Latest posts

Back