PH wont go down?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4EVR420

I have a 9 gal rez with all my nutes in plus h2o2(tbsp per gal) to prevent roor rot ..... for some reason i cant get my ph to go down. i am using GH ph down and it hasnt done a thing... tried lemon juice it hasnt done a thing.... im pulling my hair out trying to figure this out ........PLEASE HELP
i began the ph adjusting over 7 hours ago i have nevr had this problem

You likely have a busted meter

Get a dip test kit quick

That may be an issue then.... your PPM may be high enough that it is easily overcomming the PH down.

Take a sample from the res and see how much PH down it takes to make it move.

Chances are you are going to have to flush anyway.

If you're doing hydro you absolutely have to get a meter. Even if it's a cheap one. Or this will be the first of many PH related blues..

Thanks for all the advice... we finally got it down, it only took about 3oz of down...

If it took a shot glass worth of PH down then i suspect something is not right

i used to use 2-3 capfulls of ph down to get my water to 5.5....thats with no nutes....when i add nutes, the nutes drop it a lot, and then i add a little ph down if any....Loola

3 oz of PH down!!! Yeah somthing isnt right

Do you have a pH meter, if not buy one ASAP otherwise your wasting your time. I would flush and start over to make sure you don't nutrient lock out. Otherwise your going to see problems really soon due to the pH being so high, that is a lot of pH to use and I never had to use that much before.

i would have ditched the res before i started adding lots of ph tbh.

hope your plants are ok.

t4

Latest posts

Back