amazon aeroponic grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well 4 of them have grown some and appear very healthy and the other 12 have no growth tip/fresh growth so will be going into the trash can tomorrow night and be getting replaced with afghan haze x 12 which are already into flower by a week or so.

so problem will be afghan haze are in 3" rockwool cubes and shall be getting cut out of them and into the 35mm net pots:eek: :holysheep:

so watch this space post pics of them in amazon then friday night ill next see them alive or dead you decide folks:hubba: as im off to the dam wednesday morning until friday night:p :D

pkj

rotflmao

ok so its not the done thing but i think they will all be through the netting by friday night when i return from amsterdam with my feminised greenhouse 'cheese' seeds:holysheep: :D and a pocketful of various strains of bud:hubba: :eek:

so the amazon now house 16 plants all in flower made up of the 4 in the centre are sensi star the rest of star are now in da bin and surrounding the star are 12 afghan haze plants.

enjoy this is going to be a long one as afghan are 2 weeks into flower give or take so only another 9 weeks to go:D

enjoy folks:p

pkj

still alive and most importantly healthy as hell:D :eek:

enjoy
:hubba:

ps passed on the cheese seeds after much discussion with seed shop sellers regarding genetics so stuff the cheese imho:ignore: ;)

pkj

ok, dumb question for ya, will the plants grow up through the support screen or do feed them thru it? how big are the squares? thanx, looks like an interesting gow ya got going on.

EDITED: would a much smaller screen work as a canopy to limit height?

ive never done scrog type grow and really im at a loss as to whether i should be bending underneath netting allowing individual budsites to grow through the netting or actually allow main stem as piccies depict grow through scrog netting.

yeh probably would have been better with a lower down net but as plants were already into flower by 2 weeks before they went into amazon aero system maybe this is a bit wrong way around.
so any suggestions as to whether i should train main stem underneath netting as mentioned above.

holes in net are about 10mm but where plants have gone through ive chopped middle from 4 holes so like 40mm holes now.

pkj

Hey PKJ,
I have never done a scrog but I did research the crap out of it. Once they get a couple of inches thru the screen you pull them back under and train them to grow under the screen horizontally. It's like LST but you let the screen do the work and you don't have to tie them. This way later down the line you feed the individual buds through the screen filling every possible hole to maximize yield. Hope this helps.

thanks for that info imajoker ill do this later when i go check/change res etc.

you had to sack growing security man that *****.

pkj

so main stem is being allowed thru screen then any side branching will be trained under allowing budsites to pop thru:D .

thats the idea anyway:p

the timers i set are still showing exact same time so finally my mate has decided to help himself via not running out of electric thus a harvest instead of a load of ill/poorly/dead plants:fid:

pkj

With any scrogs I've seen you need to veg for quite a while and prune most of the growth beneath the screen. The square size should be a little bigger. You're aiming for one bud per square.

hi runby cheers doode for advice

i understand vegging but as these were already in flower to determine sex of clones this wasnt an option i had as they were say 2+ weeks into flower when i placed them into the amazon.

i have opened up the squares on the netting from the individual ones of 10mm to x 4 squares so now where main stems poke thru netting size of hole is now 40mm.

so once the plants have stopped stretching ill be pruning everything off underneath the scrog netting and just have budsites above netting.

one bud per square foot more like on the particular scrog doode

lol

thanks again pkj

in actual fact they are now on day 14 of being in the amazon and think the stretch is more or less over:eek:

so ive decided im not going to trim lower budsites off and juct let it run it course now.

added a few nutes to feed so now on

canna aqua a and b flores @ 5ml per litre
dutch master max flower @ 1ml per litre
microbial - a preventative measure against pythium etc @ 1ml per litre
advanced nutrients carbo load @ 1ml per litre

in a week or so ill be adding canna pk 13/14 for 7 days then last couple of weeks ill add advanced nutrients overdrive.

cool:eek:

pkj

may have cf too high so change res completely wednesday other than that im going to place misters on 15 mins of 15 mins constantly see if its overwatering/not enough aeration.

enjoy

pkj

growing like theres no tomorrow

did a complete res change today and lowered the cf from 18 to 12 as few leaves were exibiting possible nute burn to edges:eek: and ph 5.4

one thing i have noticed is the buds nearest light source are awesome and so are the ones at the bottom of canopy and there doesnt seem to be any diff in bud development/growth rates :shocked: :D :eek:

enjoy folks:p :ignore: :D

pkj

lol hey bomb dude i wish i had buds like yours dude.

anyway added a heater to res as temps were 19c and a bit low imo.

so with a bit of luck when i check friday they should have sorted out this leaf issue.

ph is 5.5 and cf12 the same as last check so dunno whats the score is air movement is good but night temps a little lower than recommended but *** it grows or dies.

lol

pkj

right folks im going to have to call in the 'A' team on this one.

the leaves are still exibiting the yellowing off of the leaf edges but eventually this goes to the whole leaf causing it to crisp up and dry as hell.

now the cf had risen to 16 from 12 after 3 days and also the ph drifted to 6.1 from 5.5 3 days ago.

so ive raised the light as high as it will go even though the heat wasnt too much on plant tops.

the main reason i thought it was K deficency was leaves all over plants were showing problem not just at tops of plants which ruled out heat issues regarding light height.

so the roots are all superb and white and healthy looking.

res temp is spot on 22c

no pests.

also the only reason the plants could have possible K deficency would have been through res water too cool or night temps down slightly below whats ideal!!!!

any clues dudes!!!!!!!

pkj

so i trimmed off all dodgy looking leaves on friday and they appear to be ok with just a slight amount of it recurring so on tuesday im potting into soil and im bringing the amazon home to my house and going to do a 12 plant grow alongside a net pot/clay pebbles nft tray style 30 plant grow.

update when repotted dudes

pkj

Latest posts

Back