My water Farm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
I am starting a new thread here for am not getting any feedback:confused2: under grow journals, here is a link to what I have shared so far about my indoor :farm: water farm:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25464

my question here today is what is the best way to add water :watchplant: to my 5 gal buckets, I have lots of roots now! should I pour water on hydrotron maybe at a corner? or should I lift top part and add directly to bottom of bucket where all the roots are?

the roots are beautiful and very healthy looking. I will get u a few pics if any one would like to see them.
have a joyous day! keep on growing!:D

Growdude said it. I don't think it matters. Just as long as you get it in there. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

heres some new pics of my water babies! also some pics of whats going on under those big fat green leaves!

I also included a a pic of my two babies that are struggling along.

the little plam tree looking one is a mazar seedling that has managed to stay alive. i lost the others.

I am wondering if they might perfer soil?:confused:

IMGP0616.JPG

IMGP0600.JPG

IMGP0615.JPG

IMGP0604.JPG

IMGP0607.JPG

IMGP0609.JPG

IMGP0598.JPG

IMGP0601.JPG

IMGP0602.JPG

that little guy on the bottom right is deformed but growing.

havent decided what to do with it.

Looks great, I see you got the water fixed? I wish I could help you with Mazar but I have never grown....sorry

still looking into RO system, considering doing a whole house system.

for now my son has promised to bring me distilled when I ask.
latley he's been forgetting.

he's usually very responsible about that stuff, but he's got a girl on his mind these days. everything is changing. life is change.

one of my favorite changes is in these beauties growing in my farm!

Ilikebigbuds,

I just subscribed to your journal, but I saw something in this thread that caught my attention. Question: Are you using that pH meter in the first picture of Post #4? If you are, I would say try and get a digital one. About a year ago I had one like that, and according to it, my pH was in check. I saved my money up for a digital, and oh man my pH was actually whack! After I fixed my pH with my digital, my plants perked up tenfold. Digital pH meters, unfortunately, are pretty expensive, but I promise you, they will pay for themselves in weight. They are invaluable!!! I cannot stress that. If I could buy one for you I most certainly would!

hey Puff thanks for your concern!

I just bought that meter for testing ppm it is water proof and the sucker cost me about 120.00!!! I also have a digital that works when it feels like it, thats why I bought this truncheon.

I test my php seperatly with a php test kit, add 3 drops to little bit of water watch the color change. that seems to work okay, just a little time consuming.

my grow store didnt show me a digital php meter other than the one from bluelab and the cost was %$#!!!! maybe later down the road I'll get one, I'll add it to my christmas list, the boys are always complaining that I'm hard to buy for because I just go out and buy what I want. which is true, but for some reason I just didnt want to spend the money on that meter.

maybe cuz I would rather get another light and ballast, and some more GH buckets. always wanting more!:rolleyes:

Ilikebigbuds said:
still looking into RO system, considering doing a whole house system.

for now my son has promised to bring me distilled when I ask.
latley he's been forgetting.

he's usually very responsible about that stuff, but he's got a girl on his mind these days. everything is changing. life is change.

one of my favorite changes is in these beauties growing in my farm!

Don't want you to waste money on something that might not do what you need done...

An RO system and a whole house filter are entirely different systems that accomplish different things. An RO system (I have never seen a whole house RO system) removes dissolved solids from water, making it close to distilled purity. It wastes a lot of water in the process, however.

Whole house filter systems cannot and do not remove dissolved solids--solids that are in solution. They only remove solids that exist as percipitates and can be filtered. Whole house water treatment systems (expect to pay $2000-3000 for a decent system) "treat" water (generally with chemicals) to neutralize the dissolved solids in your water.

I'm no expert on RO systems. I do have one, and as THG says, it wastes a ton of water (I think I lose 2 gallons for every 1 that I get purified), but it is a very handy tool because my tap is 480 ppm! If you get one, make sure it filters chlorine. Chlorine is way to the right on the Periodic Table which means it's small and some filters (usually the cheaper ones) don't filter it. I spent like $90 on mine. They usually run $60-$100.

That Truncheon TDS meter was a VERY worthwhile purchase, give yourself a pat on the back, but man, I really wish I could stress the importance of that digital pH meter. If I were you, I'd bump it up to my Memorials Day present! I will admit, the drops are more accurate than the green meter but a digital meter MIGHT just fix a few of your problems all together.

I hate telling people that they have spend MORE money, because obviously money doesn't grow on trees. For my first meter, I saved up for like three weeks to get. My second I made my best friend who smokes more of my stash than I do buy it!!!! So yeah, I'm not going to beat it in the ground anymore for that reason, but at the end of the month, I you have an extra $80 maybe consider buying something like this (link at the end). Don't forget to buy cleaning and calibration solution....great an extra $30. I'm just going to quit.

http://www.eseasongear.com/hahiwaphte.html

The Hemp goddess
Don't want you to waste money on something that might not do what you need done...

Whole house filter systems cannot and do not remove dissolved solids--solids that are in solution. They only remove solids that exist as percipitates and can be filtered. Whole house water treatment systems (expect to pay $2000-3000 for a decent system) "treat" water (generally with chemicals) to neutralize the dissolved solids in your water.

the systems I have looked at have a price tag of $8,000-10,000!! I was a bit taken back when I saw the cost of this, and that didnt even include having it installed. still checking out all my options, by the time I'm done I'll be a water expert.!!

Prodigious Puff
I hate telling people that they have spend MORE money, because obviously money doesn't grow on trees. For my first meter, I saved up for like three weeks to get. My second I made my best friend who smokes more of my stash than I do buy it!!!! So yeah, I'm not going to beat it in the ground anymore for that reason, but at the end of the month, I you have an extra $80 maybe consider buying something like this (link at the end). Don't forget to buy cleaning and calibration solution....great an extra $30. I'm just going to quit.

I agree with you, I will be getting one!
I have been looking for a meter, checking on-line and at my grow stores, the prices really very, can a pool meter be used?:confused:
the blue lab ph wand is on back order and could be months for that to be instock, and I have taken in to account your suggestion for a digi,
It was also explained that these meters must be calibrated regularly?
I have a friend who said he can get me one for about 50.00 + the solutions. so I am leaning that way. thanks again for your thoughts!

Prodigious Puff said:
I'm no expert on RO systems. I do have one, and as THG says, it wastes a ton of water (I think I lose 2 gallons for every 1 that I get purified), but it is a very handy tool because my tap is 480 ppm! If you get one, make sure it filters chlorine. Chlorine is way to the right on the Periodic Table which means it's small and some filters (usually the cheaper ones) don't filter it. I spent like $90 on mine. They usually run $60-$100.

One of the nice things about chlorine is that it does not have to be filtered out. It will dissipate in about 24 hours if you let it sit in a bucket (or other container) for a day or so.

Actually most RO units waste about 4 gallons for ever gallon of RO water it makes. I am fortunate to have water that is under 50ppm from the tap--my last place had water like your in the 500ppm range.

a short up-date! my beauties are looking great! I'll be posting some more pics this week end!

so far everyone is giving off signs of females! little white hairs are poppin out all over the place. everyone got fresh water and nuits yesterday and they looked so happy this morning! I am getting very excited!

oh yea! almost forgot I started 2 ice cream, 2 isis and 2 white berry a couple of days ago and they have sprouted!:clap: they are growing comfortably right now under flo's!

I will move them to my 400 watt veg room sometime next week.:D

Ilikebigbuds said:
a short up-date! my beauties are looking great! I'll be posting some more pics this week end!

so far everyone is giving off signs of females! little white hairs are poppin out all over the place. everyone got fresh water and nuits yesterday and they looked so happy this morning! I am getting very excited!

oh yea! almost forgot I started 2 ice cream, 2 isis and 2 white berry a couple of days ago and they have sprouted!:clap: they are growing comfortably right now under flo's!

I will move them to my 400 watt veg room sometime next week.:D

Ice Cream, I'm jealous...share it!!!! LOL I would love to grow Ice Cream, I still haven't gotten it and it's been on the list for a while.

I use a Milwuakee pH meter, it was about 60USD and it works great. It's really a one time cost, or rather an item that you will have for years so I also think it's very important. Also my RO was about 105USD, I can't recall the name but next time I'm at my grow area I'll try and remember to look for you.

Darn, I didn't even see your post, I apologize. I am not entirely sure, but I don't see why a pool pH meter wouldn't work. Maybe someone else can comment on that. Also, I keep on saying digital when actually I should say electronic. That said, Blue Lab makes a good, reliable pH meter that is not exactly digital but is electronic. I think that is what you're talking about.

Yes they must be calibrated and cleaned regularly. I have a cleaning solution and 7.0 calibration solution for mine. I clean mine every 3-4 weeks and calibrate afterwards.

My hydro store gouges prices BAD!!!! I buy most of my stuff online, but when I need it asap I have to bargain with them. I hate it, because I feel like I'm stealing or something!

What breeder does Ice Cream belong to? You and snuggles got my curiosity up!

Aurora_Indicas_Dadparadise seeds has ice cream.i like their opium,white berry, and spoetnik #1 also.

Yea thats where my seeds came from of course thats not who I odered them from since they will not sell directly to USA:holysheep:

I am so excited! they have all cracked and 2 have sprouted up today! hoping the rest will wave proudly by tomarrow!:D

Latest posts

Back