Liquid Transfer Pump is awesome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420usagrow

I was leary of the drudgery of weekly res changes (especially if I am using larger reservoirs). So I ordered a liquid transfer pump off Amazon.com for $19.95. It is battery powered and I just tried for the first time and it emptied my small 4 gal res in a couple of minutes! Two D batteries are needed. It is made by Sierra Tools and I was not expecting it to work this well for a $20 cost!!
I am lucky to have my health, but I know there are a lot of people out these who aren't as fortunate and this would be a cheap way to ease the pain of res changes! 420usagrow

Sweet thats a good idea. I already have a pump running my sprayers in my tub so what I did was install a T with a ball valve. In one position it provides pressure to the sprayers in the other position it empties my reservoir. I'm in the process of changing my set up again though as I've embarked on a quest to make growing as labor unintensive as possible. (I know thats not a real word) Now I have drains installed in my tubs and plan on finishing my plumbing soon so that all I need to do is turn the valve and everything goes drains into the same drain as the bathroom sink that shares a wall with my grow room. I'm going to install a laundry sink as well so I don't have to fill 20 liter bottles anymore and haul them around the house.

I use a cheap fountain pump to pump out my res and it works good. It is basically the same thing with an ac plug. I have a laundry sink in my garden with a drain to the yard. That way I don't dump nutrient into sewer. Instead I water my outdoor garden with the nutes.

any ideas on thisif i move my grow to my basement,thereis a sump pump for the water softener.could i just pump out me res's to this sump area in the fllor?my grow area will be within 2-3 ft. of this location.thanks all

andy52 said:
any ideas on thisif i move my grow to my basement,thereis a sump pump for the water softener.could i just pump out me res's to this sump area in the fllor?my grow area will be within 2-3 ft. of this location.thanks all

Are you on a city sewer or a private septic tank?

Latest posts

Back