How often to water hydro setup!!! THe simplest of questions!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

215zealot

I am very unsure of how many times to exactly water a hydro setup, as i hear so many different things.

we have 5-6 week plants that are begining flowering, also got a few plants that are same age but still in veg. All plants are in Cococoir surrounded by hydroclay.

Watering is usually done by hand (havent set up pump system yet), each plants receives about 3-4 ounces of distilled nutrient water that is PH balanced, plants are watered on average every 3-4 hours. very little water drains out.

How often shold these plants be watered??? When the pump system is set up, what should the time intervals be??

I leave my waterfarm units run 24/7.
Waterfarms are basicly a drip system.

well, its eventually going to be a res that pumps water into my hydro tray, water is directed to each pot through 1/4 tubing and a stake. excess runs back into res. its kinda like an Ebb N Flow except with stakes that direct water instead of just flooding the whole tray.

my mediums are cococoir cubes (that surround the roots) that have been placed in and surrounded by hydroclay.

hey guys anybody?? how often do you water a hydroponics setup with cococoir and hydroclay medium????

So far i water them every 3-4 hours, i give them about 4 oz each, i dont even see drainage come out the bottom that much. am i underwatering???

Wish I could tell ya.. just be patient and MassProducer or someone with coco will break it down for ya;)

215zealot said:
hey guys anybody?? how often do you water a hydroponics setup with cococoir and hydroclay medium????

So far i water them every 3-4 hours, i give them about 4 oz each, i dont even see drainage come out the bottom that much. am i underwatering???

You cant overwater in a drip system, while I just use hydroton I believe Mass has said you cant overwater coco either.

weirdest thing is you have no pump or res and your 6 weeks into veg??

yea, i havent set up the pump yet becuse it seems like overkill. I only have 13 plants and right now its easier to water them by hand. I dont really trust the pump/res right now because the tray is not draining properly, the nutrient water pools up in the corners, i have to drill new holes.

Latest posts

Back