Help transfering clone..to DWC from Bubbler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello friends...as the tittle states...I like to play with a DWC and been tryn to cone in Rockwool useing Growdudes method..sorry Brotha..I got one in 16:eek: .. I have my Bubbler down to 11 days at 90%..but been stumbling on the transfer..i would really like to use the clones from bubbler and open to all suggestions..and will try them ALL..

Thanks everyone:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
Hello friends...as the tittle states...I like to play with a DWC and been tryn to cone in Rockwool useing Growdudes method..sorry Brotha..I got one in 16:eek: .. I have my Bubbler down to 11 days at 90%..but been stumbling on the transfer..i would really like to use the clones from bubbler and open to all suggestions..and will try them ALL..

Thanks everyone:48:

How long did they last for before they died?
Did ya over water the cubes?

Just bury the roots in hydroton.
If going into rockwool just place on top of slab and burry in hydroton.

hello 4u. i take mine from bubble cloner, and put about 2 inch hydroten in my 5 inch net pot, sit clone in, then add (gently), hydroten to top of net pot, then into my buckets(rez)...:cool: ...

have'nt lost one yet...

Growdude said:
How long did they last for before they died?
Did ya over water the cubes?

Just bury the roots in hydroton.
If going into rockwool just place on top of slab and burry in hydroton.

Hey thanks growdude...I was lettin them go a good 30 days..Im sure i get them to wet...I place in pie pan and keep water 1/1/4 inch deep..I lke ti I like the slab idea ill try that on the next rooted clone from bubbler..That I may be able to do..Thanks again Brotha Ill let ya know how it does..

DSCF3380.JPG

DSCF3382.JPG

DSCF3411.JPG

IRISH said:
hello 4u. i take mine from bubble cloner, and put about 2 inch hydroten in my 5 inch net pot, sit clone in, then add (gently), hydroten to top of net pot, then into my buckets(rez)...:cool: ...

have'nt lost one yet...
..Thanks IRISH...how much root mass do ya allow befor moveing seems I eithr brake the roots or the cocco puffs dry them fast..:eek: ..I have hard enough time moveing them to soil..Gonna try D top of slab and see..here are when i take from my bubbler..the root is about 12-18 inches long..fish bone like structure...I let get to much and rip when pulling out..lol..what a gresat hobby:lama: okay Gotta go Bed now so I can wake and go to SHED:D

DSCF3370.JPG

DSCF3371.JPG

ozzydiodude said:
First off what are you using as a medium?

hey ozzy...no medium thas what Im trying to get too...i like cloneing useing the bubble cloner Im getting the transfer to soil down okay..But not to the Hydroton for MY DWC...I Run one of these a yr and would like to do a clone..last one was from seed and was Male..:hitchair: Dont wanna waste time time again..thanks for soping in:48:

I transfer mine to 3" pots. I hold the clone inside the pot with the roots kind of lying on the bottom of the cup--no hydrotron between the bottom of the pot and the roots. I adjust the water level so that it is just barely over the bottom of the cup. It generally takes less than a week for the roots to start growing through the hydrotron and into the water.

Good looking roots on those clones, 4U

so when you use the hydroton u don't use a rockwool? and when you use rockwool u just stick the clone in the rockwool right when u cut and just keep the rockwool moist untill roots come out of it then put it in a netpot in your dwc and cover wit hydroton?

141820 said:
so when you use the hydroton u don't use a rockwool? and when you use rockwool u just stick the clone in the rockwool right when u cut and just keep the rockwool moist untill roots come out of it then put it in a netpot in your dwc and cover wit hydroton?

I am trying to use the rckwool cube...I take cutting...dip in cloneX root hormone..and stick in cube..

I jus took a clone from bubble cloner and split a cube in half and gently placed roots inside cube and pnched togather...then placed in Hydroton and is now in DWC...will keep ya posted:aok:

take care and b safe

I go right into hydroton in 6" netpots. I usually let the roots get pretty big first. (i tried putting them in sooner but it took forever to get the roots growing out the sides). After that i hand water them. Usually 2 weeks. Think i'm gonna try what THG described and let the very bottom sit in water next time.

Latest posts

Back