first hydro set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well those 2 don't look happy at all.
Lil wet.normally I'd say they look how mine do when I miss me watering but I know she's getting plenty of water. Or did those 2 look like that before u watered.

That pic with the roots. Are all the ladies like that. Minimal roots system??
If so. I'd cut the watering to once every other day
There just not gonna soak it up. As quick. N this will do more harm. Then good.
If u could I get those seedlings into cups or something. This way if they do have a root sorry your not pulling n rating roots to separate them.
The water u r using is plain right.

For now stop the floods. Watch those 2 to see how long it takes for them to lift up. N watch the perdy one to see how long she droops. Lol.
You have been watering 1 time a day. So if she's been happy with that top feed her. Every day.

That first pic all looks well. Were did I go south.
LH.

here what they look like, burn on bigger one from me just dumping straight clone rooter on them it said soak medium and folar them so i just dumped some on them that was at transplant

DSCF6936.JPG

DSCF6935.JPG

DSCF6933.JPG

i just uploaded xplant pics first and ya the roots of the bigger literally were all the way to the hydrostone bottom, then that is the medium plants roots and the smaller was about 3" long

every thing looks good but the biggest and second seem to want more calmag they are getting rededing leaf shoots

Do you gots a good fan blowing in there on yer ladies. .?.
You seem to have some heat stress on plant 1.
What e u mixing you c/m at now.?? 5ml per gal?
Nice thing about hydro is you can drift the ph.
Bringing it down will allow the plant to uptake certain nutes like mg
Round the 5.0-5.3. But then again you need to watch how low your going and what your locking out from the plant.
What strength u at for nutes???
First 2 look like the could use a bit more N. what's ya ph at.
LH.

ya i have a window fan blowing into a corner on then the whole area has air movement and right beside neg pressure tent

res is 73
ph a bit high 6.5 in control bucket
ppm 456 in res

i gave nothing for nutes yet othe rthen cal mag. these plants i have no plan for atm may need to build a bit more sites or they will have to die? they were just a back up if the tent failed which it may am fighting bugs in there...

think cal mag was way less like 1 ml per gal

DSCF6958.JPG

K you need to get your ph down.
. Even though your feeding c/m that's too high. Mag is brought up on the lower end of the ph. Take it down to 5.5 N let it drift no higher than 6.0. 6.5 soil.
The "money" spot is 5.8 but I prefer to let em drift. It usually stabilizes in time
Ppm should be higher for ladies that size. The twisting in the one plant I will say Is due to your ph off.
Start feeding them. They want food. I would start off with either 1/4-1/2 strength but them not being fed anything go with 1/4 strength. Watch em n check ppms see where the sit n see where it goes.
Watch for burning on the tips n keep your ph on track.
LH

N.E.wguy said:
07-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Ok so fill water was 6.8/223ppm
adjusted was 5.6/256ppm
then cal mag run to sites was 5.8/376
and return res. was 5.9/380

running approx 25 gal res atm temps high tho 76 slimy stuff in bottom of res already should I throw a ice gallon in there ? Or some small bottles to drop that"?
so this was other day ph went up on it own that high?

will go adjust it now in res

Make a batch of Nutes up today.
Enough to dump res n refill

Add your nutes check ph. Let it sit a hr or so. Go check ph again n ppm if you like.
Then adjust let sit till tomorrow. Check it n if need be adjust it waiting a bit
If it stays within let's say 5.5-5.6 in your hr use it. It will drift daily but not crazy.
As if you were to check it n it was 5.5-6.7 then I'd allow to sit longer n ph down again.
Hope I'm making sense. Check ppm n ph when added to system. Let it run a day check er again. Start your basis from here. Nutes water higher ppm lower ph.
N watch.

Lmfao sorry missed that post. IMO you are fine mixing 5ml per gal.
LH.

alright im faster then you,
ph in res is 5.9 will check in morn then drain refil and add nutes / ph balance then let it sit

how long til u think i can take these out and throw those sprout in coco cups into the 6 sites? really don't care as much about these plants tbh, but on other hand do not want them to die if i mess up adjusting, i really should just buy more sites or make them

I personally just let it sit 24 hrs add nutes ph n run it. Keeping ph below 6.0.
LH.

N.E.wguy said:
alright im faster then you,
ph in res is 5.9 will check in morn then drain refil and add nutes / ph balance then let it sit

how long til u think i can take these out and throw those sprout in coco cups into the 6 sites? really don't care as much about these plants tbh, but on other hand do not want them to die if i mess up adjusting, i really should just buy more sites or make them

I would move all dem seedlings into there own cups.
Down the road into a bigger but smaller than yet bags.
Once u start feeding it nutes n it developed a decent root system there good to go in system.
I wouldn't stick them on yet.
LH.

ok so like 6" nets? I just sent u a msg also

N.E.wguy said:
ok so like 6" nets? I just sent u a msg also

I'd go with plastic beer cups or a smaller 5x5x5" pot something in those lines.
I don't like net pots for applications as such cuz you have to plant the net pot mo times then you can pull the plants out like in a reg pot or cup or container of some sort.
LH.

If this is the first time you are using the coco medium you will need to increase the cal/mag for the first few weeks because coco reacts chemically with cal/mag and will hold it where the plant can't get it. When I start out with new coco, I add my nutes for new plants at 1/3 strength but then add 15ml per 5gal of water/nute solution. After 3weeks in veg I cut it back to 10ml cal/mag per 5gal for the rest of the grow. However, I am in 2liter pots of coco while you are in what looks like 4-6liters of coco, so you may notice some mag deficiency during the first 5weeks. If so, just raise the cal/mag(to 20ml per 5gal) when you increase the nute solution.

I just saw where you are using 5ml per gal :doh: so you should be good with that :)

LEFTHAND said:
Make a batch of Nutes up today.
Enough to dump res n refill

Add your nutes check ph. Let it sit a hr or so. Go check ph again n ppm if you like.
Then adjust let sit till tomorrow. Check it n if need be adjust it waiting a bit
If it stays within let's say 5.5-5.6 in your hr use it. It will drift daily but not crazy.
As if you were to check it n it was 5.5-6.7 then I'd allow to sit longer n ph down again.
Hope I'm making sense. Check ppm n ph when added to system. Let it run a day check er again. Start your basis from here. Nutes water higher ppm lower ph.
N watch.

Lmfao sorry missed that post. IMO you are fine mixing 5ml per gal.
LH.

ugh hate wasting all this c/m and nutes on trials

drained res and control bucket, pressure washed them with 6.7ph, shop vacuumed out every drop gonna fill with approx 25 gal 6.7 tap and let sit for 24 hrs if i can wait that long before checking the drift and adjusting if need?

gonna grab an air pump today i think..

Thank you both for all your info and timely responses!

ok so bigger pots and can i just fill the whole pot around the 3" coco pots with perlite or should it me a mix?

N.E.wguy said:
ugh hate wasting all this c/m and nutes on trials

ok so bigger pots and can i just fill the whole pot around the 3" coco pots with perlite or should it me a mix?

Don't look at it as your "wasting" nutes. The plants are gonna use them.
This will add some complication n take some away. N teach you more

I'd make a mix. Try 50/50. You will be hand watering so you have full control plus it gives you a dif mix ratio then you have already

LH.

well i had only the cal/mag before just refiled, added flowering nutes full strength checked ph/ppm at fill after adding and will in a few. only reason i feel i'm wasting them is i feel like i see myself throwing these plants in my compost pile lol

but ya i hear ya, i am here to stay and what ever it costs it costs, int he end saves us all $

still cant post frickin picks again every upload fails even deleted a bunch on here :(

also you were right on with moving them mini girls the kids were all looking out the bottom of coco cups searching the world. so they went in a real heavy perlite coco cube mix in 6 1/4"w x 5"d round pots for now and soaked with 5.9 water instant run off

Now the ladies can roam freely

I've noticed that as well on the drainage. I will water allow the dishes to collect run off n let em stand for 10-20 mins come back n dump what ever they didn't wick up.
After a couple waterings you get er down to knowing just how much to water. 16oz or 1/2L what ever it may be.

LH.

Latest posts

Back