24 hours or 18-6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Hack; The chemistry of photosynthesis is truly amazing to study. I have been an electronic tech ffor over 20y and I discovered that electrons rule the universe. ATP and NADPH are molecules that are made by the plant to be electron carriers. In photosynthesis, the energy in the photons of light is used by the chloroplasts to release the free electrons in molecules of "energy nutrients". The separation of the free electrons breaks the bonds holding the atoms together in the given molecules.

These free electrons are then stored in ATP and NADPH while the broken molecules are moved out of the space to allow for more to come in to continue the process. In other places within the cells of the leaves, the different "broken" elements are reassembled using the free electrons that are held in the ATP and NADPH. The new molecules are carbohydrates and other important chemicals that the plant must synthesize for itself.

It is fascinating to study but a bit tricky to wrap your brain around sometimes. :) And don't even try to get it while stoned :huh:

Awesome explanation. Thanks a ton.

There is a lot to it. I usually get pretty deep into my hobbies and I don't expect this will be any different.

Although, I do see one problem...... "And don't even try to get it while stoned".... could present something of a problem. LMAO

Thanks again for the great explanation.

Back when I used MH lighting for veg, I vegged 18/6 because of the heat.

Then I switched to T5s for vegging and went to a 24/0 veg schedule. With good results.

Now I'm 100% LEDs (for veg and flower) with a 24/0 veg schedule with good results.

Use 18/6 veg only if you have heat issues during the hottest part of the day.

Latest posts

Back