organic soil mix for 2nd attempt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongofury

Need a light?
Reaction score
I want to start my 2nd attempt at another grow. My 1st grow is turning out just OK, but I made a ton of rookie mistakes and poor decisions. Thanks to all the kind and experienced Growers on MP, my babies are still growing. Thank you :aok:

Anyway, I want to do another organic grow. 1st grow I used Fox Farms Happy Frog exclusively. As time went along realized I just didn't have enough drainage which led to problems. Too late now so i'll keep plugging along.

2nd grow I plan to mix FFHF along with FF Ocean Forest and 20% to 30 % more perlite.

Does this combination sound OK? I want to keep it simple but I am open to suggestions.

It's going to be a small grow maybe 4 plants in a 4X4X7 tent with 600 watt HPS in flower.

Hi bongo, I would just go with FFOF and if you want add perlite go ahead and do that.

4 plants under a 600 sounds good to me. That will be a nice grow.

I have made every mistake there is. I still usually have some issue in my grows. Oh well, that is how we learn. You will rock this second grow.

Hi bongo, I would just go with FFOF and if you want add perlite go ahead and do that.

4 plants under a 600 sounds good to me. That will be a nice grow.

I have made every mistake there is. I still usually have some issue in my grows. Oh well, that is how we learn. You will rock this second grow.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rosebud. :smoke1:

Do you think it would help to add Mycorrhizal fungi to the mix? I'm sure Ocean Forest has some in it, but I have read some peeps add this to the soil.

Thats the same mix I use..im only on my 2nd grow but the first worked in same size tent but with 1000 watt light. Got aprox. 15 oz. dry off 6 plants about 4 foot tall

Thats the same mix I use..im only on my 2nd grow but the first worked in same size tent but with 1000 watt light. Got aprox. 15 oz. dry off 6 plants about 4 foot tall

Thanks for the input Radium. Sounds like you had a very successful grow. Average 2.5 oz. per plant.

Latest posts

Back