about mixing soils with soiless mediums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
is there a benefit to adding soil to roots coco coir? roots coco coir comes with a ph of 5.8. adding soil brings the ph up to 6.8. at that point is it a hydroponic grow or an organic grow. is adding soil wrong? kind of seems like its is. i'll probably always be a beginner.

I add coco coir to my soil mixes all the time. Mine is still an organic soil grow because of the ratio of coco to soil. I use it because of the ion exchange rate.

what I mean is, when growing in roots coco coir, adding any soil would be wrong because the coir's ph of 5.8 would be changed. so, coco coir is best used by its self. is this correct? I'm using synthetic nutes.

what I mean is, when growing in roots coco coir, adding any soil would be wrong because the coir's ph of 5.8 would be changed. so, coco coir is best used by its self. is this correct? I'm using synthetic nutes.

coco coir used alone keeps plants far to wet........... I add 40% perlite and that's all.

Latest posts

Back