Veg/Flower stages. How long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man you got that grow rocking :eek: And you got some fat buds coming in as well. I hope they finish ok for you. I would hate to put them in the dark at this point as the buds wouldn't ripen and just die.
Like Rose said, if you hold your hand right down on the tops of the plants and the light isn't uncomfortable to you, then the plants will be fine. Then you can slowly back your hand up toward the light until you feel it begin to get uncomfortably hot, and that is roughly, how far they can grow before getting heat stress.

Very good work, you have kept them healthy and growing. The growth really exploded about the 3-4th week. They must like the nutrients you are feeding them. :)

At just over week 5 in flower, I can't help but think my Ladies are really looking good.
I'm just wondering due to my lack of experience, if they are actually were they should be at week 5?

View attachment image.jpg

Thanx mate, really excited. Been very lucky so far I think, Really hoping I can finish them off well. Bit worried about when I should harvest tho and if I should flush them or not. Read so much contradicting information.
I posted some more pics hoping to get some advice but reading your post, now I'm thinking I'm worrying about nothing!! Must be doing ok! ��

Just curious how your friend cannot know what he is growing?

If you do not know the strain, it is impossible to determine from just looking at them. However, the leaf structure is long and thin, telling us that it is a sativa dominant strain. Sativas take longer to finish that indicas. I would plan on the plant taking 9+ weeks. You should get a microscope or loupe at least 30x to check the trichs. That is the only true way to tell if a plant is ready.

As these are unknown plants, I would keep a good eye out for nanners--male parts that often grow on plants from selfed seeds.

You have done a great job. Your plants are looking happy and healthy with nice fat buds. I see a very nice harvest a month or so away.

Those buds look really nice. Its so hard to judge by pics but I would say you are spot on for 5wks. Actually I would have thought closer to 7wks. They will get really fat I think by the time you harvest. :)
Definitely get you a "good" microscope or jewelers loupe. And you should do it quick as you need to start looking at the trichomes (resin glands) on the buds and bud leaves so that you will have a baseline of what you need to see. You need to see them before they start changing on you as they can fool you if the strain has been hybridized a lot. Its hard to know for sure what the timing is going to be so you have to begin looking closely at the trichomes. I seldom time my plants out, I just watch the trichs as they start getting close, but I know about when they should finish most of the time. :)

You may also notice that under certain lighting like HPS, it can be a little hard to notice if you are getting good cloudy to amber coloring. The frequencies can hide the colors sometimes unless you have very sharp eyes. I usually will take one of the bud leaves with scissors from a couple places(2-3) around the plant(s) and go outside into sunlight and I can see the best colors.

Thanx again guys for the info. Really appreciate it. Will go get a micro scope next couple days and check.
Answer to question:
My friend isn't an experience grower at all. He said he just grew from a couple seeds he had and been cloning ever since... He said he always does a 4 week grow cycle and 8 week flower. Doesn't own a microscope. Maybe we'll both learn something lol

Oh boy is he in for a big surprise. Of course if he has only grown that one strain, and it is an 7-8wk flower, then he is ok. He just may find a better product if he lets it run longer. First 1 week then 2 and see how the buds and smoke change. You will be amazed in the differences that can occur.

Latest posts

Back