GJ: Purple Paralysis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGuy

Basement Farmer
Reaction score
Alrighty, I will get away from the Auto's. Pretty jealous of everyone else's threads, I want some plants like that.

Have 5 Purple Paralysis seeds, started soaking 3 today. Used a "seed rub" I purchased from the local grow store.

Area: Indoor. 36"x36"x79" Tent.
Medium: Ocean Forest Base (3/4) with Happy Frog top. (1/4)
Container: 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
Lighting: LED: 267W (+/-10W): 2 Separate Panels, side by side. MEIZHI Brand.
UV: 2 - 2W/Single Diode 365nm bulbs.

Strain Info:
Genetics: Lavender X Power Plant
Sex: Feminized
Variety: Mostly Sativa
Flowering Type: Photoperiod
THC Content: Very High (over 20%)
CBD Content: Low (0-1%)
Yield: High
Plant Height: Medium
Grows: Greenhouse, Grows Indoors, Grows Outside
Flowering Time: Approx 65-70 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cool, can't get enough of the purps, I'll pull up a chair. :watchplant:

Thank you sir! I do like the more colorful strains. Here is a "promo" type pic of the Purple Paralysis. I can only hope to grow something so pretty.

purple-paralysis-feminizovana.jpg

So your diving in huh... good for you. Greenest of mojo for your new grow.

So your diving in huh... good for you. Greenest of mojo for your new grow.

I am. Amount of work/yield for autos....I could do the same amount of work and get plants twice the size and twice the yield. The autos just are not gonna cut it on needed yield. Grow 3 auto plants and get maybe 7oz or grow 3 photoperiod and get 12...???

Still have 4/5 packs of Auto Seeds. I will grow em, I did buy em and what I do have should be pretty darn good. Gorilla Glue, Blue Dream, Tangie'matic and 3 more Big Bangs. May go Photo/Auto/Photo/Auto until I am out of Auto's. I still also think they were a great way to learn having never grown a plant before.

Couple questions:

-When does the "Veg State" truly start. I have seen all kinds of answers from sprout to the first 5 finger leafs.

-Would like to do some SOG, anyone have any good tutorials or such. Was unhappy with the results Google search gave me.

When the veg state starts is arbitrary. I start counting after the first two small leaves unfurl....some count it when its got two nodes. Overall, its not important because you will flip when the plant is mature and is as big as your space allows. For simplicitys sake, i find it easier to count the weeks after those first leaves show but others count it different.
As far as sog growing, i have done it, but had a better yeild with a scrog. There are way more tutorials on how to grow with a screen than there are of a sea of green. I used 62 clones in a 4x4 in small square pots and took them straight to flower. It worked well but having a high plant count may not be the safest bet. You can scrog 3 plants or two plants and potentially get superior results.

Hello all, my results were certainly better this time than my last. Cut down the number of plants, had space for two tents and just ran two stains. Paid more attention to aging and oxygenating the chlorinated tap water, vegged 8 weeks and then scrogged, that I might change. Maxed the light over the plants to what I had available. PH'd my feedings, never watered to run off, not sure if that was actually any plus. Check my led grow journal for results. Peace :fly:

Picked up a 36x36x79 tent today. I really don't think I plan on doing more than 4 at a time, most likely just 3 at a time. Tent is set up but will have to wait to transfer lights/etc until I can get a few hours with lights out since I do still have have my other grow currently going.

Seed Rub is legit?

Used the rub prior to placing seeds in water, started to soak yesterday around noon. Came home from work today, sprinkled some rub in a cup, spooned out the seeds, rubbed em again for a good few minutes then back to soak. Went to check on the Big Bangs a cpl hours later, took a look at the soaking beans and they have started to pop.

Lesso rec'd 3 gallon fabric pots. Just sort of a double check that I will be ok to grow larger photoperiods in smaller 3 gallon pots.

Realize I will have to water a bit more often, but eh. The 3 gallon containers would really help in the "space saving" category over the 5 gallon fabrics.

I have never heard of seed rub. Why are you not just sowing your seeds directly into your medium?

sending purple mojo your way :p

I used 3 gal in my grow. My plants were not small.

I have never heard of seed rub. Why are you not just sowing your seeds directly into your medium?

Twas an item offered at my local grow store. I'll try things here and there, just cause.

I have been soaking in water then put in a peat pellet when they break. I looked at the "seed rub" like a gritty agent that scratches up the hard outer shell, making it easier to absorb water.

I used 3 gal in my grow. My plants were not small.
Gonna go with the 3's. Other than watering a little more often, seems like a more economical choice overall. Less dirt, less water to pour per watering. Also thinking I can get rid of/grow more of the auto seeds I have left if I used 3 gallon containers, if I could get 6 autos going at once, I would have 3 grows of autos left and then move to photos from then on.

I am a bad seed dad. 1 of three started did not make it. The other 2 are taking their sweet ol' time and I think it's more my doing than theirs.

So with 1 going down and the Big Bangs getting closer to being done, I said "F it" and threw the last 2 Purps I had in some water and will give em a shot. If everything comes up, will be looking at 4 Purple Paralysis plants.

The seed rub is legit stuff, it gets beans to pop quick. Took my popped beans and put them into pellets a little different way than I have been and hopefully I can get these 2 up and coming a little quicker than the other 2.

Latest posts

Back