Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Seeds > Marijuana Strain Questions & Reviews
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #41
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

@umbra, I am going to look into this a little more. Do you know much about it?

@HG, Yeah, I figure, if I'm going to check out this CBD thing, I might as well go with something like this. People say you don't get high because there's no THC but every review describes some kind of "high". Either "relaxing" or "equalizing and calming of the psyche" or " just a relaxed calm sense of well being" and almost every review said it was incredible for pain relief.

I live with pain 24/7 from head to toe and, believe me, anything that would relieve my pain the way the reviews describe this CDB stuff would be the best pot high I have ever had. LOL

In line with the thread topic, I put a Med Seeds Continuum in the dirt today. SuzyQ (50:1) x Tocitonic (20:1).

I'll report back in about 4 months. LOL One thing about this hobby.... it teaches you patience. LOL
Hackerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #42
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I am more interested in the high CBD, low/no THC for family and friends that are sensitive to THC. LOL--for myself, I am happy with something that is 1:1--I do like my THC.

Have you checked out hemp products? From what I have read some of the hemp has higher CBD levels with no THC. You might want to check out that thread at ICMag about growing hemp in Oregon. It had a lot of general info on hemp that I was not aware of.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #43
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

I bought a gram of “ Ringo’s Gift” a couple weeks ago, tested at 20:1. First roll I smoked half a joint and very little high but very relaxing. Not so great tasting though. Second joint got me a little high but not bad. I think I’d like to find something at about 5:1 and see how that is. I’m hoping that’ll be my Harlequin.
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider - Play a train song!
2RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #44
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
Have you checked out hemp products? From what I have read some of the hemp has higher CBD levels with no THC. You might want to check out that thread at ICMag about growing hemp in Oregon. It had a lot of general info on hemp that I was not aware of.
OMG!! What an amazing thread. I have a couple more pages but what a great source. One thing that was discussed in that thread relating to early finishers was this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley_Danks
It always concerned me that factors like root restriction, different mediums, nutrients, light spectrum, environment, or other unknown factors could skew the results. It will be real interesting to see if your results indoors parallels your results outdoors this year!! Good luck

Totally agree with all you wrote Bradley--the only true test will happen in the field next season. The first issue is (to me) the most important, since root restriction plays such a critical role in the flowering process. I'm transplanting the test plants from 3 gallon pots into 10 gallons to start, which I hope will reduce the impact of that variable. Time will tell!
We believe in what we are doing enough to have planned the drying of 60 acres according to the photoperiod sensitivity we ascribe to these lines and a colleague has committed to 150 acres for the same reason...definitely hope we are right! Hell of an experiment either way .

Am I to understand that root restriction has some effect on the duration of the flowering cycle?

If so, can we shorten our flowering time with smaller pots. Do Hushpuppy's 1 gallon grows mature more quickly that the peeps growing in 5 gallon pots?

Great thread. Thanks for the tip HG.

Here's a link for anyone who's interested... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330712
Old 10-22-2017, 09:54 PM   #45
Cascadia

Cascadia

I was working on a CBD/THC cross here myself, but I got into it with hemp seed suppliers that refused to sell me seeds knowing that I was crossing them with "marijuana" (oh my gawd! Not Mary Juana!). I decided that there was no point in trying to re-invent the wheel, so I searched for some landraces that already have high CBD to THC ratios, and located two sources of Lebanese landrace strain seeds originating from the Bekaa Valley area (RSC in the UK and Blue Hemp in Switzerland). I obtained several through friends in Europe and grew them here this year, and whallah! Far better then expected results. They make this weed into hashish in Lebanon, but the buds taste just fine as they are. Lemon and floral notes. They are also low odor growing outside. Also the high is mellow and... drumroll Anton.... it reduces my migraine headaches, and aborts the milder ones completely. No couch lock or narco sleepy result. Day weed. The seeds resulted in two phenos, as advertised, a sativa and an indica. They are both similar in high, but the sativa matured a month earlier than the indica phenos (great for avoiding early September rains in Oregon). I made two crosses, a sativa male with one sativa female and one indica female. Seed production was very good.

BTW, I have tried a dozen or so CBD only and another half dozen CBD/THC crosses, and none of them come near the results of landrace Lebanese on migraines. For pain, yes, for migraines, no. I have severe back and neck pain, and I get migraines.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:02 AM   #46
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Aren't some of those hemp growers weird about "marijuana"? It cracks me up. Your experiments sound really interesting. Curious how the sativa dominant matured earlier. I think the future is going to see a lot more strains with high CBD content.

Hackerman, that is a thread that I plan on reading again. A lot of really cool info. If I had 5 acres or so, I would give hemp a go.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #47
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Oh boy, Oh boy!!

I mean... Oh Girl, Oh girl (feminized seed) LOL
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #48
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Woo-hoo! Sending Green Mojo your way!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #49
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

I figured I had 10 of these seeds so I put 2 more in soil. A couple days later....

I just love watching them sprout from seed. Something different about it than watching a clone root. LOL

Hopefully, my mite problem will be over before I get these into cloning stage.
Attached Images