Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Advanced Growing Techniques > Organic Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #261
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouvellechef
Haha. If it was legal. I could keep you stocked for years (:
You already have with all your knowledge

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #262
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

This is my first plant in NV's mix. The only thing I changed in his soil was I added my own compost. I had one plant in the NV soil and one in ffof. I changed out the ffof as the plant didn't look as good as NV's. It is a pretty little girl huh.
Thanks NV!!!!! I am very pleased.
Name:  DSCF1431.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  308.1 KB

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #263
nouvellechef

nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef

Looks healthy. Win some, lose some. Life of a grower. And a caterer for that matter (:
nouvellechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #264
The Silver Bullet Special

The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special

Okay few questions after reading all 14 pages again lol, the 50/50 buffer people are refering to is that cutting the soil before adding it into the pot ill give an example:

5gallon bucket of soil would have 2.5gal of hot mix and 2.5 gal of base mix for buffer. Now, when filling plant pots with soil would I do 25%-50% of the buffered soil on the bottom and then just the rest with base mix?

Would FFOF be a good soil to use for the base soil instead of promix or what are you recommendations??
There seems to be a bit of comfusion for me on this humic acid stuff, what exactly should I get so I don't mess this up my first mix?

Other than MM I've read nothing but good about this mix so I'm doing my homework to try and get it right for my first grow.

My First Plants
http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62346
The Silver Bullet Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #265
Kushluvr

Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr

the mix is awesome..........i run it all the time......its ez to mix, smells great, works with many different variables of tap water and sugars! very very good soil! the burn spots are from a little left over nutes from another room i got, the mix needs nothing but water and sugar!

i have a friend using beet molasses and he says its awesome with it! all around its awesome!

heres my veg room, only tap water most of the time, i only give them molasses in veg once in a while....every 2 to 3 waterings....

aliendawg bx
lemon alien dawg
tahoe alien

flower room

Last edited by Kushluvr; 07-29-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Kushluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #266
juniorgrower

juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower

Superb bud pics Kushluvr!!
juniorgrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #267
Ruffy
i love mj!

Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy

i got tonnes of amendments, but couldnt get humic acid, rice hulls, or bio-tonne. any thing else i can use? or leave out? iwant to try this to the t, but if i cant, what can go?
if i mixed the mix, can i put it in the cans right away, or should it cook out n the open? it wont be a tumbler, just a g can sturring once a week.
i just finish a good harvest with vics super soil & it faded about week 6, on most the girls, but pulled threew nicley, next time id use teas.
with n.c's mix, no teas needed lol
Attached Images

Dave Matthews band
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #268

The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special The Silver Bullet Special

Rice Hulls
hxxp://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/product/0100550/rice-hulls-1-lb-bag

Humic acid that Kushluvr uses
hxxp://www.hendrikusorganics.com/shop-products.php
(its the HuMagic Granular I believe)

Bio-tone can be bought at homedepot I believe.

Hope that helps a little bit.

My First Plants
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #269

Hey guys I spent like 45minutes searching for a soybean meal sources since that groworganic.com site quit working so heres another source if your having troubles

hxxp://alisorganics.com/Soy-Bean-Meal-7-2-1-SBM.htm;jsessionid=8DE3F6D3540A1A2796D537FD9073E74 C.qscstrfrnt02

My First Plants
Old 08-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #270
drfting07
Don't panic it's Organic!

drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07

I can get the soybean meal at my garden co-op. Im in farm country, and lots of soybeans are grown here.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfting07
I can get the soybean meal at my garden co-op. Im in farm country, and lots of soybeans are grown here.
Haha lucky! I just moved out of the heart of the nation down to the tropics... bout the only thing I can get here is seafood, beef, and sweet corn lol.

My First Plants
Old 01-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #272
StrainHunter

StrainHunter

Does anyone use this recipe?
I am really interested in a water only style mix that has a base of promix.
StrainHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #273
Ruffy
i love mj!

Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy Ruffy

a lot of us have used it. this thread is a bit old but imo its the better way to go

Dave Matthews band
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #274
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I used it and liked it, too, but did find out that I needed to supplement the mix during flowering with teas--it did not last the entire grow for me.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #275
Droopy Dog

Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog Droopy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
I used it and liked it, too, but did find out that I needed to supplement the mix during flowering with teas--it did not last the entire grow for me.

None do it seems, even the really hot mixes like NV's or Sub's SS. I've totally quit going that route and the 50/50 hot mix layered with a base mix? Just unecessary
effort and bother IMO.

I still use pretty much the same mix, just not as hot, for everything. MJ and container veggies alike. I just top dress with a dry organic fert like Espoma as needed. This also makes it easier to deal with both light and heavy feeders by regulating the top dressings and what you top dress with.

DD