NV's organic soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
Haha. If it was legal. I could keep you stocked for years :)

You already have with all your knowledge:)

This is my first plant in NV's mix. The only thing I changed in his soil was I added my own compost. I had one plant in the NV soil and one in ffof. I changed out the ffof as the plant didn't look as good as NV's. It is a pretty little girl huh.
Thanks NV!!!!! I am very pleased.
DSCF1431.JPG

Looks healthy. Win some, lose some. Life of a grower. And a caterer for that matter :)

Okay few questions after reading all 14 pages again lol, the 50/50 buffer people are refering to is that cutting the soil before adding it into the pot ill give an example:

5gallon bucket of soil would have 2.5gal of hot mix and 2.5 gal of base mix for buffer. Now, when filling plant pots with soil would I do 25%-50% of the buffered soil on the bottom and then just the rest with base mix?

Would FFOF be a good soil to use for the base soil instead of promix or what are you recommendations??
There seems to be a bit of comfusion for me on this humic acid stuff, what exactly should I get so I don't mess this up my first mix?

Other than MM I've read nothing but good about this mix so I'm doing my homework to try and get it right for my first grow.

the mix is awesome..........i run it all the time......its ez to mix, smells great, works with many different variables of tap water and sugars! very very good soil! the burn spots are from a little left over nutes from another room i got, the mix needs nothing but water and sugar!

i have a friend using beet molasses and he says its awesome with it! all around its awesome!

heres my veg room, only tap water most of the time, i only give them molasses in veg once in a while....every 2 to 3 waterings....

aliendawg bx
lemon alien dawg
tahoe alien

alienvegshot.jpg

flower room
P1010050-1.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

P1010041-1.jpg

P1010039-1.jpg

P1010045-1.jpg

i got tonnes of amendments, but couldnt get humic acid, rice hulls, or bio-tonne. any thing else i can use? or leave out? iwant to try this to the t, but if i cant, what can go?
if i mixed the mix, can i put it in the cans right away, or should it cook out n the open? it wont be a tumbler, just a g can sturring once a week.
i just finish a good harvest with vics super soil & it faded about week 6, on most the girls, but pulled threew nicley, next time id use teas.
with n.c's mix, no teas needed lol

IMG_0893.JPG

Rice Hulls
hxxp://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/product/0100550/rice-hulls-1-lb-bag

Humic acid that Kushluvr uses
hxxp://www.hendrikusorganics.com/shop-products.php
(its the HuMagic Granular I believe)

Bio-tone can be bought at homedepot I believe.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Hey guys I spent like 45minutes searching for a soybean meal sources since that groworganic.com site quit working so heres another source if your having troubles

hxxp://alisorganics.com/Soy-Bean-Meal-7-2-1-SBM.htm;jsessionid=8DE3F6D3540A1A2796D537FD9073E74C.qscstrfrnt02

I can get the soybean meal at my garden co-op. Im in farm country, and lots of soybeans are grown here.

drfting07 said:
I can get the soybean meal at my garden co-op. Im in farm country, and lots of soybeans are grown here.

Haha lucky! I just moved out of the heart of the nation down to the tropics... bout the only thing I can get here is seafood, beef, and sweet corn lol.

Does anyone use this recipe?
I am really interested in a water only style mix that has a base of promix.

a lot of us have used it. this thread is a bit old but imo its the better way to go

I used it and liked it, too, but did find out that I needed to supplement the mix during flowering with teas--it did not last the entire grow for me.

I used it and liked it, too, but did find out that I needed to supplement the mix during flowering with teas--it did not last the entire grow for me.

:yeahthat:

None do it seems, even the really hot mixes like NV's or Sub's SS. I've totally quit going that route and the 50/50 hot mix layered with a base mix? :holysheep::rolleyes: Just unecessary
effort and bother IMO.

I still use pretty much the same mix, just not as hot, for everything. MJ and container veggies alike. I just top dress with a dry organic fert like Espoma as needed. This also makes it easier to deal with both light and heavy feeders by regulating the top dressings and what you top dress with.

DD

Latest posts

Back