keeping soil wet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aaronw

Hi i bought a moisture meter that you stick into the soil and it tells you how much water is in the dirt. My problem is that i put like half a water bottle full of water in the dirt and the meter says its nice and wet but it like dries up in 2 hours

Why is it drying out so fast? PLease help me I don't want to have to transplant them already. I put holes in the pot at the bottom and it drains excess water but for the most part it is just evaporating or something

Wet and dry cycles are good for the roots man. You want that air exchange to keep mold off of your roots, or what is known as root rot which is a root disease that is deadly to your plants if you let it get out of control..

If your plants arent' droopy or aren't getting shriveled let them go a day without water. or a half a day.
This encourages root growth as the roots look for water. You are not trying to keep the soil wet. If it's drying out crazy fast. Go get a bag of river rocks for an aquarium and put them on top. it will keep the soil from drying so fast becuase of heat from the room or your light.

Latest posts

Back