Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Advanced Growing Techniques > Organic Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #81
Kushluvr

Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouvellechef
Ha! No. You serious? I luv it.

Sounds a little high on finished amount kush. Been awhile since I made full batch. But 7.4gal in cf. With all the other items its prob another 2cf. So that would be 150gal give or take.
ahhh yes....thats right....it just seems like so much....hahaha!!!
Kushluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #82
nouvellechef

nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef
Default Thread needs green in it

Some in da mix Mountain man. I am assuming your PPM is really low in the mountains? Only thing I can think of is the castings put it over the top as far as having a nitrogen overdose too fast. Try some at 25% hot mix or let the clone get a good size before going in final home. I go from 1qt to final home at 50 to 75% hot mix.

nouvellechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #83
drfting07
Don't panic it's Organic!

drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07

Nouvelle, how long would you run a new mix outdoors before you had to top-feed?

I start indoors and sex at 1-2 months, then outdoors in late april. Veg outdoors is april-sept then 2 months flower. I would imagine this mix would eventually need to me top-fed. Indoors your looking at 4-5 months at the most. Im looking at 8-9 months outdoors.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #84
drfting07

drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07 drfting07

Also, Would the P&K break down and become available to the plant too early? That would deprive the plant of nutrients before flowering. In that case it isnt just water and go.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #85
nouvellechef

nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef nouvellechef

No it wont break down too early. By the time a sexed girl hits the hot medium, she should be of descent size, 4 or 5 nodes. At that point shea ready too feed. As far as how much hot soil for outdoor. That would depend on plant size. A plant yielding a few pounds, gonna guess 32gal of hot soil. Then down from from there. I would top dress, 1st week flower as at that point she will be chugging the nutrients.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #86
juniorgrower

juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower

NV Thanks for sharing your soil recipe with us. When you say cook do you mean to mix and put into the garbage cans for 30 days? If not what do you do to cook your soil? Thanks
juniorgrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #87
ozzydiodude

ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude ozzydiodude

Cooking soil is mixing it up, moistening it good and letting the microbes go to work for 30+ days. We call it "cooking" because the mix will heat up like a compost pile does. The heat comes from all the microbial activity.
ozzydiodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #88
nouvellechef

Yep. It gets really hot. You would be surprised. Stick you hand deep down in there after 72 hours.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #89
juniorgrower

juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower juniorgrower

Thanks for the quick responses. Can't wait until april so that I can get started making some soil.
juniorgrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #90
Classic

Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
I had Mr RB, who is home with a bad cold, do the math for me for a 40 gallon batch. Now i just need to price it all out and order.
Would you mind posting the recipe for 40 gals? I've read NV's recipe and there's cubic feet, cups, and lbs in there. It's a way bigger batch than I want to make and, with the different measurements, I haven't been able to make myself do the math yet.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #91
nouvellechef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Would you mind posting the recipe for 40 gals? I've read NV's recipe and there's cubic feet, cups, and lbs in there. It's a way bigger batch than I want to make and, with the different measurements, I haven't been able to make myself do the math yet.
Divide it all by 4
Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #92
Classic

Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic Classic

Quote:
Divide it all by 4
Thanks! That's so simple that I feel a little stupid for asking. I don't even need a calculator to do that.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #93
nouvellechef

And leave out the castings. Just not needed I think now. Lowers final costs also.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #94
drfting07

Good tip! I cant find it here anyway.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #95
Kushluvr

Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr Kushluvr

Quote:
And leave out the castings. Just not needed I think now. Lowers final costs also.
HUH? whats this?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #96
nouvellechef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushluvr
HUH? whats this?
I ran them until last batch. Deyoungs was sold out. Have not seen a slow down in week 3 flower now for nitrogen issues. So maybe able to knock 10% or more from mix cost.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #97
Kushluvr

Quote:
I ran them until last batch. Deyoungs was sold out. Have not seen a slow down in week 3 flower now for nitrogen issues. So maybe able to knock 10% or more from mix cost.
is this bcz the soy/alf base?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #98
nouvellechef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushluvr
is this bcz the soy/alf base?
Yes
Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #99
Iron Emmett
Closet Farmer

Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett Iron Emmett

Hey NV, i got a quick question, i just went out and bought all the amendments to make your soil, i dont know about dirt growing i always run Coco or hydro, the guy at the garden store when i asked him for pro mix gave me pro moss and said its better, i think its just peat moss, can i use this as my base for your supersoil without problems?

Last edited by Iron Emmett; 01-20-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Iron Emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #100
Wetdog
Old Droopy Dog

Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog

IE

Of course you can, I do.

Promix is little more than peat moss and perlite and the other stuff that's in there is more than likely in the amendment list anyway. Google it to see just what's in there.

3.8cf bale of Premier peat moss - $13 Same co that makes Promix
4cf bag of perlite - $17

This $30 will make ~10cf of 'base' mix. The 3.8cf bale will expand to ~7cf and I would add ~3cf of perlite.

Promix is cheap, this is even cheaper.

Wet