Need help ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id be digging it up ,cleaning all the soil i could off the roots with water and putting it in some good soil.

The problem is that it's 700 square meters.

If the problem is the lime causing a lockout, Then what would happen if i just keep fertilizing? like i would normally. Will it make it worse? or will it be 'ok'

I don't do anything but organic, but if these folks think you have lockout no amount of fertilizer will help.

I have saved plants that friends have given me ''''that they screwed up'''''''''by removing them from there pots or ground,,,and soaking'''' and ''''removing all the nasty *** soil snd crap on the roots and repotting them in good clean soil,,watering and allot of TLC. Just fixed a Geranium a couple days ago,,as i have other plants,,including Weed. IF its not DEAD,,it can be fixed.

I did the same WH with a small pot plant that the flying ants took over. Took it out of the pot rinsed the roots replanted... In the garden outdoors i have dug down in the soil all around the root zone and put all new soil in.. They responded within a week.

Thats what im talking about Rose. Ive done it many many times.

I do not believe that you have lockout due to too much lime. The bottom line is that 2 kg per cubic meter is not that much and lime does get depleted. Just as an example, super soil uses 1 cup of lime per cubic foot of soil. A cubic meter is over 35 cubic feet, so if you did not use over 35 cups of lime in your mixture, you do not have too much lime.

This is from your first post: "...The soil i'm growing in used to be a lawn. The soil was very poor (never fertilized)
So last year i put 2kg/m2 dolomite lime and 1 kg composted chicken manoure (3-1-2) into the ground and cultivated it. The plants the first year was huge, although showing some signs of deficit towards the late bloom. But not too bad...."

You simply did not add that much to the soil, it was quite a while ago, and you have so much competing vegetation around that I believe that your plants have to just be starving. Things you put in the soil. Anything you put in 6 months ago has been used up by the grasses growing around the plant.

Check out the recipe for the supersoil that HL linked. You start with approx. 1/2 cubic meter of good base soil, then you add all the amendments listed. Purusing this, you should be able to see that soil really needs a lot added to be able to feed cannabis (and that doesn't include feeding competing vegetation). and I even find that the supersoil will not take my plants through an entire cycle. I do have to feed the plants with organic teas or commercial organic nutrients.

IMO, your plants are starving to death. Anything you put into the soil 6 months ago is gone. And there was not enough of it then. You need to amend the soil wigth organic things that have cooked (broken down) and/or start feeding them with teas or commercial organic nutrients. You also need to remove the competing vegetation. The grasses take large amounts of nitrogen to stay green--they are staying green at the expense of the cannabis.

There is simply no way I believe that this is an issue caused by using 2 kg of lime in 1 cu meter of soil.

I do not believe that you have lockout due to too much lime. The bottom line is that 2 kg per cubic meter is not that much and lime does get depleted. Just as an example, super soil uses 1 cup of lime per cubic foot of soil. A cubic meter is over 35 cubic feet, so if you did not use over 35 cups of lime in your mixture, you do not have too much lime.

This is from your first post: "...The soil i'm growing in used to be a lawn. The soil was very poor (never fertilized)
So last year i put 2kg/m2 dolomite lime and 1 kg composted chicken manoure (3-1-2) into the ground and cultivated it. The plants the first year was huge, although showing some signs of deficit towards the late bloom. But not too bad...."

You simply did not add that much to the soil, it was quite a while ago, and you have so much competing vegetation around that I believe that your plants have to just be starving. Things you put in the soil. Anything you put in 6 months ago has been used up by the grasses growing around the plant.

Check out the recipe for the supersoil that HL linked. You start with approx. 1/2 cubic meter of good base soil, then you add all the amendments listed. Purusing this, you should be able to see that soil really needs a lot added to be able to feed cannabis (and that doesn't include feeding competing vegetation). and I even find that the supersoil will not take my plants through an entire cycle. I do have to feed the plants with organic teas or commercial organic nutrients.

IMO, your plants are starving to death. Anything you put into the soil 6 months ago is gone. And there was not enough of it then. You need to amend the soil wigth organic things that have cooked (broken down) and/or start feeding them with teas or commercial organic nutrients. You also need to remove the competing vegetation. The grasses take large amounts of nitrogen to stay green--they are staying green at the expense of the cannabis.

There is simply no way I believe that this is an issue caused by using 2 kg of lime in 1 cu meter of soil.

Thank you so much for your answer. Was really great info for me. I will post my NPK / ph test when i can and we will have an answer.

Just to clarify - I used 2kg/m2 lime over the entire 700m2 and 1 kg chicken manoure(3-1-2) per m2 over the entire 700m2. This year i used the same amount of chicken manoure. But no lime.

1 question. Last year i only used Biobizz fertilizers, but they were really expensive. So i started using unorganic fertilier. Well knowing it's not great for the soil bacteria etc. What exactly happens when using non organic fertilizers in the soil? My thoughts is that youre not feeding all the bacteria etc in the soil so the soil won't be as rich, BUT they shouldnt outright kill them like someone stated. Right?
thx.

Synthetic nutes do a good job of keeping stuff green but they do kill the soil web. Maybe not all but why use synthetics if you are concerned about the beneficials in the soil. Kinda like being pregnant, either you are or your not..

Thank you so much for your answer. Was really great info for me. I will post my NPK / ph test when i can and we will have an answer.

Just to clarify - I used 2kg/m2 lime over the entire 700m2 and 1 kg chicken manoure(3-1-2) per m2 over the entire 700m2. This year i used the same amount of chicken manoure. But no lime.

1 question. Last year i only used Biobizz fertilizers, but they were really expensive. So i started using unorganic fertilier. Well knowing it's not great for the soil bacteria etc. What exactly happens when using non organic fertilizers in the soil? My thoughts is that youre not feeding all the bacteria etc in the soil so the soil won't be as rich, BUT they shouldnt outright kill them like someone stated. Right?
thx.

Sorry, but no, wrong. If you have used non-organic fertilizers, you most likely have killed all beneficials you might have had going on. However, you started with so little that you may not have had much going on in the way of microbial life anyway. You cannot grow cannabis with chicken *** alone. All things you put into the soil that are organic are going to break down and go away. If you did not use lime this year, well, you did not use lime.

Again, I am going to try and encourage you to not grow more plants than you can take care of and/or afford to take care of properly. If you cannot afford to feed your plants what they need, you have too many. Each and every plants is going to require almost daily care. It is far better to end up with fewer plants that have been taken care of than a whole bunch that are allowed to just grow and given any nutrients you can afford.

Did you check out the supersoil recipe? This gives you an idea of what the soil needs....and that is for 1/2 cubic meter. You used just a small amount of chicken manure and that was all. It takes a lot more than that to make lawn soil into cannabis soil. Grasses grow everywhere, are dominant, and WILL take food meant for the cannabis. You really do also need to get some of the wild native vegetation removed.

There IS a reason that cannabis is expensive--you really cannot cut corners or it will be seen in potency and yield. Again, fewer, better taken care of plants are better than lots allowed to go feral.

Sorry, but no, wrong. If you have used non-organic fertilizers, you most likely have killed all beneficials you might have had going on. However, you started with so little that you may not have had much going on in the way of microbial life anyway. You cannot grow cannabis with chicken *** alone. All things you put into the soil that are organic are going to break down and go away. If you did not use lime this year, well, you did not use lime.

Again, I am going to try and encourage you to not grow more plants than you can take care of and/or afford to take care of properly. If you cannot afford to feed your plants what they need, you have too many. Each and every plants is going to require almost daily care. It is far better to end up with fewer plants that have been taken care of than a whole bunch that are allowed to just grow and given any nutrients you can afford.

Did you check out the supersoil recipe? This gives you an idea of what the soil needs....and that is for 1/2 cubic meter. You used just a small amount of chicken manure and that was all. It takes a lot more than that to make lawn soil into cannabis soil. Grasses grow everywhere, are dominant, and WILL take food meant for the cannabis. You really do also need to get some of the wild native vegetation removed.

There IS a reason that cannabis is expensive--you really cannot cut corners or it will be seen in potency and yield. Again, fewer, better taken care of plants are better than lots allowed to go feral.

I will keep this in mind for next year. As of now i don't have time to change what is done. I will try to get as much out of what i got at this point.

I'm with THG and others on the LACK of lime, low pH causing the lockout.

I've grown stuff in pure crushed limestone 'screenings', so the "too much lime" bit just doesn't wash with me.

Take a handfull or 2 of dolomite and sprinkle it around a plant or 2 and observe the results for yourself. I re-lime my soil garden every year and my mixes when I re-amend. It does get depleted and needs to be replaced. Should see results in a week or 2.

DD

Latest posts

Back