Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a shot of the ebb & flo trays under T5 next to the boot tray, top watered under some old crappy cool whites I had (and drained when boot tray is full). These plants are all about the same age... why am I buying T5s and bothering with ebb& flow?

View attachment trays.jpg

this ebb and flow with the nice big fat reservoir underneath and constant flow is doing much better. Those 2 on the left in big pots are waiting to get in to flower room.
The ones in the tub, again, are all about the same age, those big ones could be at most 2 weeks older than the others, must be males :-(

View attachment ebb.jpg

i like using ebb and flow with individual buckets, i am using 2 gal currently, but i am going to move up to 5 gallon next

I just squashed a spider in my room :-(
turned on a pump and maybe a small pea-sized off-whitish body with many legs scurried from under the tray, I lunged and missed, man! fast! but got her with my thumb on second stab, yellowish innards.
where do spider mites come from?

this ebb and flow with the nice big fat reservoir underneath and constant flow is doing much better. Those 2 on the left in big pots are waiting to get in to flower room.
The ones in the tub, again, are all about the same age, those big ones could be at most 2 weeks older than the others, must be males :-(

those ones in the middle are looking pretty nice my friend keep up the good work

what can I do about this algae? I use a little H2O2 when I prep my water.
First time I've run in to this and all i use is hydroton now
light is on 24hrs, I water twice a day
not happening in the net pots
can i ignore it, they'll be transplanted in to net pots in couple weeks

When I ran a similar set up for my aquaponics, I found I had to keep the water level about 2 inches from the top so the top hydroton would stay dry. Hope this helps

turned on a pump and maybe a small pea-sized off-whitish body with many legs scurried from under the tray, I lunged and missed, man! fast! but got her with my thumb on second stab, yellowish innards.
Lol not from spiders lol

when spider mites grow up they meet a spider mite of the opposite sex, and they fall in love and have baby spider mites. God made it that way

:vap_smiley:

i like using ebb and flow with individual buckets, i am using 2 gal currently, but i am going to move up to 5 gallon next

Ya , I didn't think that through. I have to give the same to all 8 plants, I have to flush all 8, throw different strains in to the mix and you end up with a real mess.

And I'm still fiddling with it too, I'm over run with plants so I'm improvising, it's awful, somebody should stop me.
It's why I'm not posting pictures, they look pretty beat up.

when spider mites grow up they meet a spider mite of the opposite sex, and they fall in love and have baby spider mites. God made it that way

:vap_smiley:

booooooriiiiiing, check out Mr Dummie' preying mantiseseses

Honey! I'm home!......mmmmmm, c'mere.....ya....oh ya..... babeeee ....................................................hey, what the..?

When I ran a similar set up for my aquaponics, I found I had to keep the water level about 2 inches from the top so the top hydroton would stay dry. Hope this helps

Why do you want to keep the top 2 inches dry? Are you using those plugs? I'm not, just the roots and the pellets. I let the level go almost to their necks and flow down the overflow for a half hour then let it drain and sit for an hour, repeat, all day

Why do you want to keep the top 2 inches dry? Are you using those plugs? I'm not, just the roots and the pellets. I let the level go almost to their necks and flow down the overflow for a half hour then let it drain and sit for an hour, repeat, all day

Ya , I didn't think that through. I have to give the same to all 8 plants, I have to flush all 8, throw different strains in to the mix and you end up with a real mess.

And I'm still fiddling with it too, I'm over run with plants so I'm improvising, it's awful, somebody should stop me.
It's why I'm not posting pictures, they look pretty beat up.

the reason to keep the top 2 inches dry is to stop mold/mildew from forming when light hits moisture, then bugs, etc.... i have never run a single strain and i have only run a few twice, i currently have 6 strains in veg 12 plants, Luckily i am part of a local growers group so if i have to many clones or need clones there is always an outlet

I know, I know, great spot. It's temporary :)
Look how fast that filtre is changing indicating colour. Absurd. I just got it. and doing that pre-flush thing too

View attachment filktre.JPG

here I go messing around again, I pulled the 8 hole tray out and am ebb and flowing once an hour. My veg room is overflowed with Unsexed and muchos plants, I have to cull but how do you cull cannabis? Males always look better.
I'm thinking this is hard on the roots but I don't seem to be losing any.

View attachment ebband.JPG

what did that chap call it gaslight or something like that?
they look like vines in flower (or I did something else wrong but never seen this before.
Pretty much no fan leaves now (older picture) and yet she grows. weird.

View attachment iternode.JPG

getting ready to move 5 plants in to flower, 2 are suspicious males
I try to influence their decision by forming them in to hangman's nooses around their necks

View attachment noose.jpg

the reason to keep the top 2 inches dry is to stop mold/mildew from forming when light hits moisture, then bugs, etc.... i have never run a single strain and i have only run a few twice, i currently have 6 strains in veg 12 plants, Luckily i am part of a local growers group so if i have to many clones or need clones there is always an outlet

I'm pretty sure my algae thing TOTALLY disappeared when I stopped using those plugs (but jury still out, lots of variables)

Your group sure would have solved my accidental glut, terrible thing I'm doing to these plants, I'm an unfit parent :-(
legalize this ****, dammit, I'm not a criminal

I'm hoping growing right from the rocks wasn't a fluke. I'd like to avoid those plugs,
I'm thinking that white on the stalk (neck?) looks much healthier

View attachment rutz.jpg

Latest posts

Back