big bud ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
whats the secret to growing huge buds. or, are they by chance when they happen.

Train them to grow into a single cola, vegg time and strain have a lot to do with it as well.

Plenty of light. Good genetics

how does someone train plants to grow large colas? what about the strain? does it need to be tall short or what exactly? i saw pictures of growdude's plants. thats what i'm talking about.

how does someone train plants to grow large colas? what about the strain? does it need to be tall short or what exactly? i saw pictures of growdude's plants. thats what i'm talking about. congrats dude nice growing.

I grew them by not topping or training them and removing most side branches.
The more you top or lst your plants the more bud sites you get, but they will be smaller buds.
You do need good light for you space, You need tight internode spacing so the bud will fill in full. those were grown with 2, 400 watt HPS, in a 2x10 closet.

There are some real drawbacks to growing buds that size, first it takes a lot of ceiling height because they will grow tall not bushy fast.
And so easy to get bud rot deep inside the buds.

Some strains just grow bigger buds, These are Dutch passion WW

What growdude said. I usually get beer can sized colas. Any more than that i get bud rot.

There are a couple keys to growing top notch buds. First is genetics. You want solid quality genetics in you plants. The other key is optimizing your grow environment. That means get the right temps for that strain, the right amount of light for that strain, the right amounts and types of nutrients for that strain, and maintaining the root environment for that strain. I say for that strain each time because there will be variance from strain to strain. Sometimes the differences are imperceptible but sometimes the differences can be significant.

That is the reason for the 3rd key: you need to grow a strain multiple times and try to optimize the environment to see what that strain's potential really is when grown under ideal(ish) conditions. Also keep a log of every strain and the changes you make so that you can learn over time how to judge the right conditions for each strain.

It would help you a lot if you are a reading type, to get a good book on Cannabis. That will give you the "theory" to apply to your everyday application. It will help to connect the dots of why it works the way it does.

Strain is the number 1 factor, after that, it is for every grower to grow it to its full potential. Excess nitrogen in flowering can hinder bud growth, cold temps as well as all factors have an effect. Light intensity and quality is basic.

Latest posts

Back