What's the difference between a Bubbler and a Bong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
Just saw someone post a "bubbler" in another thread. Since I've never heard of a bubbler, I went Googleing.

Seems to be a lot of confusion. Most say a bubbler is just a smaller version of a bong. Some say the bubbler is better for parties but they don't say why.

Here is what it looks like to me.....

From what I have seen, most bongs have the carburetor before the water. So, after the hit and you open the carb (or lift off the bowl) the hit of air you take after the smoke is still filtered through the water.

I have never seen a bubbler but I Googled a bunch of pictures and it looks like the bubblers have the carb after the water.

This supports the posts I read about being better for a party because you can fill the bowl for 4 or 5 hits and each person can still clear his hit by releasing the carb but not finish the bowl.

Just curious if I need to go out an by another pipe that I'll never use after 2 times. LOL (Got a lot of those, lately).

Bubbler has a carb so you dont have to remove the bowl to get air. :)

One of my bongs has a carb in the stem so you don't have to remove the bowl.

However, the carb is BEFORE the water.

It seems that the big difference (besides size) is the placement of the carb.

i thought a bubbler was a form of DWC I had no Idea it was a water pipe thanks for clearing that one up Hackerman.

A bubbler is like a pipe you can put water in an filter the smoke through and is made with a fairly cheap setup and are usually made from scratch, bongs are usually bigger and made from a few pieces of premade glass a shaft, a base or beaker, and a nipple. Bongs are almost always thicker glass and it costs about 5 to 10k for the setup to make them.

your bubbler looks tough to make it looks one piece and the colors nice piece .

Latest posts

Back