Did Someone Say....Ducksfoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been lookin forward to seein some ducksfoot growin! Yay! You'll have to keep us posted on how they get on, i'd love to hear what the smoke is like :)

Yo Ho BBP,
Man I'm happy that you are gonna try these out. I can't wait until we get another set of pics. Gonna follow tightly on this one bro. :hubba:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

wat is this ducksfoot plant? never herd of it before. is it a cross of MJ wit a plant that looks like duck feet shaped leaves to give the MJ plant a camoflaged look to it? like the samne principal as the MJ crossed wit a ruderalis plant to give it an auto flower trait
sorry for double post but never got anythin in response to it. i'm just wonderin wats the deal wit this ducksfoot plant wat is it etc..?

Breeders report on Ducksfoot.

Plant structure:
Up to 8 ft in height and can be as wide, average around 6 ft. Very large, bushy webbed leaved plant . . . tends to like to spread with training to produce masses of large tight and very heavy, smelly buds. Buds have been as large as my leg... The Ducksfoot seems to be a very hardy plant. It begins to show its webbed traits on the second set of leaves, that come out quite wedged shaped and usually single bladed. The following leaf is the typical 3 fingered Ducksfoot leaf. Successive leaves will continue up to seven apparent points, and can be very large, dinner plate size. The leaves progressively lessen in points as the plant ripens as with other varieties.

Yield:
I have yielded huge amounts from my ducks, up to and over 2 pounds, due to its quick growth it is able to support hundreds of fat buds.

Maturing times:
I am still working on what sort of time it matures in climates different to mine; in my climate it is planted anywhere between October and December, and is harvested late March to mid April.
I have seen a few plants grown in the U.K. that veged well, but I don’t believe the ripening time was long enough to produce the same thing I get here, he said it was still going into November. Climates similar to Australia have had no problems at all, as far down as Perth in western oz...

Indoors:
I have grown duck indoors a few times, they veged very well, but the buds were wispy and airy and didn’t seem worth the trouble. We had 2 plants that were successful out of 20 tested, the successful ones were very good, but I haven’t seen another suited one since and would recommend that it is not grown indoors, after all why hide a plant that has its own camouflage specially suited for the outdoors?..

Bud size and form:
Some of the fattest and weightiest buds I’ve come across, green in colour... Bud formation can vary a little . . . have had them up to 4 inches in diameter and very solid, sometimes causing problems here with mould due to that fact...

Uniformity:
All plants are webbed, but some variations can occur in bud formation, i.e. , some more looser Sativa type buds, and others will resemble the tighter Indica formation... All plants have a similar smell and taste, a little stronger in some than others. It has not bothered me to have some variation in the plants, but will breed out the Sativa-looking ones and stick to the tighter fatter buds in the near future. It is nice to see all the characteristics though and all plants have performed very well in my location.

Smell and taste:
The duck has a very strong smell, even when quite young and a mature bush can be smelled from many meters away, kind of lingers in the air... Fresh buds smell very strong and will stink your house out, when dry and cured it has a very pleasant, to strong odors; a sweet hashy, spicy smell. The taste is the same as the smell, lingers on the palate for a long time afterwards and is very sweet and refreshing.

Stone:
Nice smooth stone, very steady up and relaxing and happy, very little couch lock, but still quite the powerful smoke, happy weed would describe it perfectly...

My opinion:
I really love growing the duck, it’s a really fun plant to grow and I always have some growing. The taste is just amazing and the stone brightens my day, even if it starts a little glum. I have bred many generations of this wonderful plant, and am really taken by its unique structure, growth pattern and fantastic smell...

Potential:
The duck has shown a huge potential in the area of hybridization, its vigor is added to the cross very well, as well as the smell. The hybrids have been of good size, up to average of 1 pound, with huge heads, some up to 5 inches in diameter and tight; some buds were so robust they looked as though they were growing inside out... The recent addition of a webbed Indica to my seed collection may realize some fantastic potential with webbed plants... Spare a thought for the many Ducksfoot plants that gave their lives to bring you this report.

-Wallyduck
This is from the site HIE posted a link to in post #18;).

Yo Ho BBP,
Yeah, I got real pumped up after I saw your pics, and started doing my homework fast. I found his site also, and I think it would be cool if you could see more pics from him.
Now we got you, and since you are a great grower in your own right, I think your going to corner the attention market here. LOL
Really am excited about this, and will watch most seriously. I love to learn.

I think some real sweet GREEN MOJO is in order for you bro.
GREEN MOJO 123.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

GREEN MOJO 123.jpg

Good job gettin hold of Ducksfoot!

Can't wait to see how these turn out, BBP..I've seen them in veg, but I don't recall what the flowers look like.

Those are some sexy plants my friend... EDIT... :)

9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here. The purchase or sale of any items through this site is not allowed. To purchase or sell something, you must first let this total stranger know exactly who you are and where you live. That just isn't smart.

10. Trading seeds among members is not aloud.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

and this ducks foot plant is an MJ plant just wit different leaves? wat is it crossed wit. i googled ducksfeet plants and got a whole variety of types.
so could ya cross mj wit tomatoe plants to make it look like tomatoe plant but only produce THC frosted buds vs tomaters. lol.. that would be stealth more in wit tom's

Latest posts

Back