Ffof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I am trying to learn and understand organic growing and have a pretty simple question here.. or maybe 2. lol First- If I veg my plants 4 or 5 weeks in FFOF organic soil which on the bag goes on to say made from Earth worm castings. bat guano. oyster shell ect ect.. and I transplant my plants at 5 weeks into 3.7 gallon containers from quart containers and the soil ( FFOF) is new. right out of the back.. Doesnt that give me 4 or 5 weeks that my plants really shoudnt need much of ANY nutes? ( I have heard this from numerous people here) and when I do add something and if it is organic. How much do I give and know that it is not too much and will not burn them? Thanks everyone. Hero

You are correct hero. I would most likely start a feeding program after a couple weeks after transplant. Bigger the plant the more they eat and need. I use teas and have not been able to burn them. I have also used FF Big Bloom and have not burned any plants. I also use earthworm casings/teas and I cannot burn them even if I try to.

. My plants love the Big Bloom as well. Yesterday I bought some Happy Frog organic nutes as well. I was confused as to which one to get because they have so many of each at the store I just bought the Happy Frog 5-5-5 organic.. Thinking at least if I dont know exactly what they want I will give them this, I havnt used it yet I think for the next 4 weeks or so. just the big bloom because I just transplanted them into the 3.7 with new FFOF and fliped the lights ( 12/12) So I should be ok without anything for weeks then PC and maybe just some Big bloom and possibly some Microbe from FF ? Thanks PC Hero

I would have continued to veg for a week, this is for the plants to recuperate from transplant, plus allow for some of the N to be used up in the FFoF. Then just the Big Bloom to finished. Roots do not grow much once in full flower ime.

Since you are already in flower I would just feed with some Big Bloom in a few weeks

Gr8 and Thanks. No PC It has been over a week since transplanting them.. They have recovered and back to growth. I knew that last grow it was nute burn that made the leaves curl up and slow down growth.I have no idea whats up with the FF feeding scedual They say to grow in FFOF and start to feed when seedlings. Appreciate it PC duck..

Hey Hero.
FFOF goes 4-5 weeks without nute, Happy frog only goes for 3 weeks. I would start feeding at 4 weeks if you are in ffof only.

Thanks Rose.. yes I just Transplanted them into 3.7 gallon pots a week before the flip( with all new FFOF a lil lime and a few cups of perlite) so I am thinking another month at least before giving them anything.. except Big Bloom. I also Have something from AN called Carbo Load and some cal mag but I am guessing they can wait as well.. Appreciate it Rose.. Hero

hero4u2b said:
Thanks Rose.. yes I just Transplanted them into 3.7 gallon pots a week before the flip( with all new FFOF a lil lime and a few cups of perlite) so I am thinking another month at least before giving them anything.. except Big Bloom. I also Have something from AN called Carbo Load and some cal mag but I am guessing they can wait as well.. Appreciate it Rose.. Hero

I would think you would start the cal mag at or right before flower, but I am not certain of that.

So you are an organic grower ? I would like to be and hopefully someday, This growing is all new to me as far as PH , PPM/s Organic. Chemical ect I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping these babys turn out good and wanting to learn.. I still dont know if growing MJ is something I will continue.. I had company here today and it was like even thou my bedroom and walkin closet are in the back.. I wanted to say.. " Do you smell anything funny? Its kind of crazy.. I really shouldn't even have anyone here as far as friends. .Thanks Puffin... Hero

Latest posts

Back