Dmans 2 plant LED Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks PJ and Lesso,

PJ quick question, I think I understand why we need to defoliate, question is with me doing SCROG and having a even canopy do i still need to defoliate? As in remove fan leaves.

View attachment 219657
No sir not necessary at all. All you need to do is remove the lower leaves below the screen to allow the plant to get plenty of air once it has filled in to your liking.

Different rules for different styles of growing. In SOG you run many plants and flip shortly after rooting which keeps the plants nice and compact allowing your light to fully penetrate the canopy.

In SCROG the idea is to fill in the screen [however long that takes] and flip which keeps the canopy short and dense.

In a perfect world you would have every opening in the screen filled with a top. Personally, I like Sat dom hybrids for this method as they are normally less dense and more stretchy, and indicas I like to SOG.

It would be nice if every pheno acted the same but since they don't It really comes down to just finding that right pheno for the job.

I think as long as you back the food off just a tad, things will speed up a hair and you'll have that screen ready in no time.

Awesome. Thanks, these were just random freebies so i could get my feet wet with SCROG and LED's. I have some strains in mind for my next attempt. I have had periods of slow growth but im pretty sure that was my doing and I have it in check now, the pics dont show it well but they are around 12-14 inchs now. Thanks again.

So 1 week into flower and im not getting the stretch I was expecting, this is the problem running strains you arent familiar with. otherwise I have a ton of growth tips and aside from still being a little green despite me cutting back on the N everything looks good. fortunately for me I AM familiar with the plants I am running next round so the screen should be full.

View attachment 001.JPG

View attachment 002.JPG

Hey Dman, Looking good brother... I was just wondering, did you start these from seed and if so, how many days since you put them in soil till now? I started mine a month ago and they don't seem to be growing very fast. I burnt them up with the light. Just wondering where mine should be at right now. How tall I mean. I have only grown one other time indoors, and those plants seemed to grow much faster than the ones I have now. Last time I used flos and cfl's . :)

Thanks guys, PP they are from seed and they are alot bigger than they appear but after 1 week of flower the stretch isnt there, likely strain related. They are 5 weeks old and if i stood the big one up it would probably be about 14 inches

This week coming up will be real stretchy...i always get the most stretch in weeks 2 and 3.

Thanks Dman for the info. Mine are about 6 weeks old, but I burnt them up with the led light so one is about 5 inches and the other two are only about 3 inches tall. I guess that's about right since I allmost killed them. lol Thanks again... :)

i imagining this scrog turning into a SCROB (Screen Of Bud!) hehe :D

Thanks guys the pics dont do them justice. So far im happy with my first led and first scrog grow, next one will be even better with what i have learned, these pics were from 3.5 weeks of 12/12.

Lil late but in for the led scrog, green mojo Dman

Latest posts

Back