Humboldt/Delicious multi-strain organic medical grow. 3000 watt hps Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcentralorganic

organic medical grower
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently acquired my medical card for my state and am now legal to grow my own medicine. I thought I would share my experience as I go with anyone interested. I am currently running clones from Humboldt Seed Co. 2 Green Cracks, 2 Blueberry Headband and a 707 Headband. I am also running 2 Pre98' Bubba kush clones from Dinafem seeds, 2 Skunk #1 Clones and a Sour turbo diesel clone making 10 plants in all.

Here is the setup. I have converted an area of my basement into three rooms. First I have a work area with shelves and a table and access to water. This is where all supplies, nutrients, meters and such will be kept. I wanted a separate area for this so that I can keep everything clean and organized and have only essentials in my actual grow areas.

My second room is a 4'x8' veg room with a 6' ceiling height. This room is completely wrapped in panda film and has a 600 watt dimmable digital ballast with a mh Hortilux bulb. This room will be used for rooting clones and the first few weeks of the veg cycle. It has a fresh air intake and a 6" inline vent fan.This room is currently empty but not for long...

My third room is a 10'x10' room with a 6' ceiling height as well. This room is also wrapped completely with panda film. It has three 1000 watt dimmable digital ballasts with 1000 watt Hortilux bulbs, both hps and mh. I am also running 6" cool tube hoods with an inline fan that draws fresh air from outside and vents it back outside after it has cooled my lights keeping it sealed from the room. Currently I have no need for an air conditioner but have one at the ready to cool both rooms. This room will veg plants for their last few weeks each cycle and then act as my flower room. It also has sufficient air flow and a 3ft tall 10" in diameter charcoal air scrubber to keep the smell to a minimum.

My clones are currently in their 4th week of veg. Potted in Roots Organics 707 formula soil in 10 gallon pots where they will remain through out flower. They are all topped and caged with 42" tomato cages and I plan to do a bit of LST to keep my canopy as even as possible. My nutrients are mostly Earth Juice and everything I make my teas with is organic.I also have the room full of ladybugs to help prevent any pest outbreaks.

I have used many mechanical timers in the past and although some work great, this round I wanted something better. I purchased a Digital Touchscreen Controller. It is capable of running two rooms. It runs my lights, temperature, humidity, fans, c02 and all with the touch of a button. It also has an ethernet outlet and wireless app that allows me to run the whole setup on my phone. This is my first round with this technology and so far I am loving it. I am very lucky to have a friend in the industry that hooked me up big time.

I hope you all enjoy my journal, I know I can't wait to check out all of yours. Comments, friendly advice and constructive criticism are encouraged!

Last edited:
Welcome to MP! Looks like you are pretty much ready to grow the dank! Glad you are sharing this grow with us.

I take it this is not your first rodeo? How long have you been growing? Again, welcome.

Thanks Rosebud, Glad to be here! I have been growing on and off for the last 10 years. I started with cfl's and a tiny closet and have slowly gained experience. Looking back at the pictures now of my first grow is embarrassing... Its been about three years I believe since my last grow. I am all settled into a new home and am totally legal now. I also have a good friend that has taught me a thing or two as well. I am ready to put my past years experiences of trial and error to good use and grow some good clean dank weed of my own.

Looking good. What a nice big space to work with! Looking forward to following along.

I took a few more pictures of the area I have to work with . First of my work area and then my clone/veg room. The rest of the pictures are of the girls today and my setup. I love seeing the daily growth. They will be getting lollipopped when they go to flower in another week or two. I will have lots of clones soon for the cloner. I will also be putting clones outside as soon as this New England weather decides to cooperate... It was snowing yesterday. If the pictures are a hassle to view at their current size let me know and I will figure out how to edit them.

View attachment CAM00583.jpg

View attachment CAM00582.jpg

View attachment CAM00575.jpg

View attachment CAM00578.jpg

View attachment CAM00576.jpg

View attachment CAM00561.jpg

View attachment CAM00553.jpg

View attachment CAM00565.jpg

View attachment CAM00570.jpg

View attachment CAM00566.jpg

Today was the end of week five of veg for the girls in their #10 pots. They have been topped numerous times now. I have done a bit of super cropping to get each plants branches to a uniform canopy, or as much as possible. I might also have to tie a few branches down. I have cut away all lower smaller leaves and was able to take several clones in an attempt at lollipopping them.

I plan to flip them to 12/12 after one more week of 18/6. They have been loving the the organic teas they receive once a week and the EarthJuice nutes. I have been slowly raising the ppm each week and so far so good. Beside a slight cal-mag deficiency, that I was able to take care of right away, I have had pretty good luck.

I have the room full of lady bugs and I clean the entire area a few times a week with disinfectant. I have to remember there is still a basement under all the pretty panda film and pests are lurking. I am hoping my cleaning ocd will pay off, lol. My fingers are crossed that I stay pest free.

I have a rather large picture update too... In order they are Skunk#1, Blueberry Headband, Pre98BubbaKush, Green Crack, Green Crack, SourTurboDiesel, Blueberry Headband, 707 Headband. The rest are just a few pictures of the group. I am missing pictures of the second Pre98bubbakush and the second skunk#1. I will have to get those next time. They are a few weeks behind the others in veg, so they are a little smaller.

View attachment CAM00668.jpg

View attachment CAM00669.jpg

View attachment CAM00670.jpg

View attachment CAM00673.jpg

View attachment CAM00674.jpg

View attachment CAM00675.jpg

View attachment CAM00676.jpg

View attachment CAM00677.jpg

View attachment CAM00680.jpg

View attachment CAM00685.jpg

Looking good.
I would flip the lights now.

Looks like ya got/getting it together to me. Great lookin`grow area.

I would be for running the lights a lot closer and vegging 24/7. This will give you fuller bushier plants with less stretch.

Nice man, looks like you have room, maybe separate plants a bit.

Looks like someone is on the right track, nice setup.

Girls are looking nice and healthy

Well look at you filling up those tomato cages.. green mojo!

Flowering has begun. The first day of 12/12 is complete. They have also received their first feeding of organic bloom nutrients. I will be brewing an organic tea tomorrow for their next feeding. They are going to be huge. I am getting excited now, let the budding begin!!

View attachment IMG_20150512_082956.jpg

Latest posts

Back