Clone questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooch

Reaction score
I am about to try to get some clones off my ladies, I have an oxyclone, my question is this, what should i use for nutes in the water? the oxyclone is a sort of dwc with super oxygenated water.
:joint4:

You do not need nutes. Some people use a cloning solution in the water, but they do not need nutes when they are trying to grow roots.

I hope that you have better luck with the Oxy cloner than I did. I found that the oxy head heated the water up too high and yet still did not create nearly enough bubbles to make anything root. I ended up ditching the oxy head entirely and using an air pump and air stones, but still don't use it much.

I think this might be a different oxy clone this doesnt use a head and sprayer it has a very small pump that doesnt heat up, and just shoots water out the pump to circulate, it has a hose attachment to pull in and mix air.
this is the system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGDYesAp-E

No, it is the same thing. And that very small pump can and does raise the temperatures as the water volume if very small. The small pump is called the oxy head and is the heart of the system. Just letting you know the pitfalls that I ran into.

In the video, that looks more like a basic bubble cloner as opposed to an aerocloner. The difference is that he uses a submersible pump with an air hose connected to pull air into the circulation of the water. I made a bubble cloner that looks very similar. I just put 4 air stones in it that connect to a 4port air pump so that it bubbles the water to a near boil. But even that has to be monitored so that your water doesn't go over 80f. If you are in a cool environment where you can balance the water temp and put a nice little tent over it to keep the kids at a good air temp that is moist, then it will work well enough. :)

I always use Clonex solution when using the bubble cloner.

THG i thought you were talking about the sprayer ones, like a lawn sprayer, I appreciate the heads up.
Hushpuppy I will look into grabbing some clonex I figure if i can take them now i might have them ready in 2 weeks to go into veg tent. Is that wishful thinking?

Hush, it has some kind of pump thing that also draws air and (I believe) mixes the air with the water that it circulates. It is not an aero unit, no misters or anything like that, but some kind of convoluted bubbler....just without good bubbles.

Gooch, it may work just fine for you. I just couldn't make it do anything until I removed the oxy head and turned it into a regular bubble cloner.

ok i gotcha so if i cant get it to work then just throw in high power air stones and let it bubble that way? it was weird they say you keep it in the water not have it above the water, I am currently letting it run for 24 hours see what the temp different is

If the plant is one that clones easily enough, it won't take long for them to root and take off. The good thing with the clonex is that it has a small amount of nutes in it and some stuff that encourages rooting. These don't do much until the stem and/or roots begin to absorb the water/clonex solution. But once they begin to root, it will help them keep going and build roots that much faster so that when you transplant, the clone will be plenty strong.

here is an update on the clone i took.
I only took one just to see what will happen and its been less then 2 weeks but more then 1 week, its in the oxyclone submerged in cloning solution and we have official roots showing

View attachment clone-roots-11-2-15.jpg

Congrats on the first of many clones. This will significantly change your growing. :)

IMO, cloning is one of the most valuable skills there is to learn in growing.

I am so happy that the Oxy Cloner is working for you.

:clap: nice work---cooler winter ambient temperatures---looks like heat from the pump was taken out of the equation

well i have it in the tent and the tent is typially around 75-80 rh fluctuates but it doesn't concern me to much it stays between 40-60. I am going to clean up the mother plant from the mites and then start cloning like mad so i can get some good veg growth

ok so i have roots, in 2 days my roots have multiplied thousands of times one root is like a foot long and the main root looks like a fish skeleton which i assume is good. When do i move it to a medium and start feeding it nutes?

ok so i have roots, in 2 days my roots have multiplied thousands of times one root is like a foot long and the main root looks like a fish skeleton which i assume is good. When do i move it to a medium and start feeding it nutes?

you can move it over to medium anytime....... just check on it often for the first few hours for wilt....... if you see wilt place a plastic cut off bottle as a dome over it.......... i'd feed it about half strength nutes first couple of waterings.

it has wilting now, i thought it was normal, so i suppose i should put a dome over it to keep humidity up?

Latest posts

Back