Clone questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i covered it up should the leaves perk up? i thought drooping was part of the cloning process because the stuff got sucked outback to create the roots

ok i covered it up should the leaves perk up? i thought drooping was part of the cloning process because the stuff got sucked outback to create the roots

A dome should prevent you from having wilt........ I try to prevent any of my clones or plants from wilting

ok lesson learned i will pick a dome for my cone machine

ok lesson learned i will pick a dome for my cone machine

a zip lock baggie...... cut off plastic bottle...... clear plastic cup...... will all work as a dome.

hahaha do you have a camera in my house? *** first i used a ziplock bag but it kept falling i dont drink soda, but i recently bought something that had a circular plastic peice that i am using now, just for 1 clone i will get a cover lol

If you are doing only a couple clones then check the recycle bins for a few 2ltr clear bottles. Cut the bottoms off and you have an instant dome that works quite well. Just spray the inside of the bottle with water once a day and you should have no issues :)

Thanks HP i dont drink soda but i may see if i cant snag some from some people who do because the height is optimal, the thing im using now is also tall and gives the plant room to move and breath but i like the soda bottle idea alot

View attachment 11-8-clone.jpg

Sunday night i took 3 clones from the mother they were very sturdy and thick very close to the base, I also gave them a coating of mighty wash as the mother has spider mites and she also got a treatment. check my second grow in my signature for updates on the vegging tent

View attachment 11-9-clones.jpg

View attachment 11-9-cr-c.jpg

how do you make them come out the bottom? i am using a clonex knock off same ingredients different bottle lol, did you have it submerged or in the air being sprayed, and why dont you cut your leaves in half?

Here is what works for me/how I do it.
It may not work for you.

keeping the stems as dry as possible seems to be the trick (for me)

If I line the stem up with one of the streams of water it will NOT throw roots.
this time I tried to line up the stems as far away from the streams of water as possible and I got great (well, you see them) results.

I use clonex gel dip and then put 1ml of GH's Rapid Start in the bucket with 1 gallon distilled water and a fish tank heater set to 73F.

Call me crazy but you see how it works.

------
I cut off as many leafs as necessary to not weigh down the cut.
These were young small leafs so they didn't need to be cut.

:48:

Yeah those aerocloners are the bomb. The key for them is that the sprayer turns the water into a mist and the humidity under the lid is at 100% so the water or spray doesn't have to be on the stems. They will stay plenty moist. I have had cuttings throw roots in as little as 4 days. If you are cloning much and you plant into soil-like medium, the aerocloners are the way to go. The bubble cloners work real good too but you have to keep the water right at the bottoms of the stems and use a strong air pump to really boil the water. It basically does the same thing as the aerocloner, it produces a spray from the bursting bubbles which splashes onto the stems and keeps them wet.

ok strange clone/mother plant question
I need to top my mother plant she has been in veg for over 3 months and is stacked I will be flowering her in 4 weeks. The stem is mad thick, is this a problem? and can i use the top as a clone?

View attachment 11-27-mother-stem.jpg

I think you have thrips....... takes clones from her and flower those out.

It was spider mites, I think they are gone or going away

The stem thickness shouldn't be an issue I think. I don't generally try to root the tops of plants as they tend to be difficult because they are so full of the veg hormones. I prefer to take stems from the lower portion of the plant. These still have growth hormones but not as much. But that doesn't mean you can't root the tops. Many people do have success doing that, but it will most likely take longer to accomplish.

I have been taking the attempts at rooting from the bottoms, but if i want to flower her i need to take some of here height and i dont want to kill it, most information says only top when its young she is over 3 months old and solid thick, the base is close to 2" thick

tops work just fine IME :)
if you gotta top it anyway, no harm trying eh? ;)
i wouldn't take a huge chunk to clone, that takes time. but a small cutting roots just as well as lowers.

the plant will be fine. as long you're not flowing right away.. you'll want to let her recover after, before going to bloom obviously.
:)

Latest posts

Back