defoliation link- impressive results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will NOT be trimming fan leaves again. i did notice alot more light thru the canapy. also lots of new small bud sites but the primary buds slowed bulk up. i was, am disappointed with this idea.

:aok:

Ok so the girls are putting along, going into their 3rd week of flower. In the pics you can see the 2 girls, 1 on the left and 1 on the right-rear are both PC. The one on the left wasn't defoliated any while the one on the right was. In the pics it appears that the one that was defoliated hasn't done as much, but the proof is in the harvest. I will post more as time goes on.

View attachment IMG_20161124_215143589_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20161128_082911870_HDR.jpg

Pulling up a chair. I know Hushpuppy knows what he is doing and will give a fair comparison.

Never been a fan of defoliating. Only time I ever take healthy fans off is when I'm lollipopping the branch with it.

Here is a pic from last night of the 2 Pineapple chunk. I can tell that the one on the left has grown more and appears to have more bud sites developing ahead of the one on the right. I cant say what the final yield will be like but it appears the PC doesn't care for defoliating.

View attachment IMG_20161206_213921296_HDR.jpg

As I understand it, defoliating is supposed to encourage tertiary branch growth. I have seen this happen positively once before with a different strain but the experiment had other factors that could've altered the results so the jury is still out on this one.

side note: The plant growth in the bottom right corner of above pic is not part of the PC plant behind it. That is the Goji that is sitting further to the right, just out of the pic.

Ironically enough, the PC looks very Indica in its growth structure and leaf structure but smokes totally like a Sativa, while the Goji has a VERY Sativa structure, leaf, and bud, but smokes more like an Indica.

happened to read this article and think i might start this SLOWLY.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-defoliation-tutorial

I jump in to everything, I read this site a few times, i remember trying this and it was over my head, it just slowed things way down for me.
But I think you could pull it off, I'd want to watch that.
Here's the caveat:
If you try to defoliate plants that are not in top condition, you're asking for trouble because defoliation will only stress your sick plants further.

Yeah you have to have good healthy plants whenever you do "high stress training" such as topping or defoliating. :)

I cant say what the final yield will be like but it appears the PC doesn't care for defoliating.
HP i dont want to sound rude but I think that she cares more than you think :)

Yeah you have to have good healthy plants whenever you do "high stress training" such as topping or defoliating. :)

I learn pretty much everything the hard way but I went ahead and did a shitload of plucking yesterday. Topping has been hit or miss, I lose some.
In flower, it just felt like I was harvesting the popcorn earlier. Seems to me any time I try this stuff i just slow things down or I get 2 small colas instead of 1 big one.

JAAM, hi, go post those beautiful shots in the new bud of the month..only if you want. they are beautiful.

JAAM, hi, go post those beautiful shots in the new bud of the month..only if you want. they are beautiful.

thanks Rosie... Ill be sure to get a nice pic before these ladies come down for BPOTM... they have a couple weeks left and those pics under the HPS are crappy...

Latest posts

Back