General pH question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedsteve420

Reaction score
Before this point my pH has been pretty much a steady 6.5 on runoffs. About 2 weeks ago I added flowering fert as a top dressing. Attached pictures of it. And pH as of now which is about 7. I know you guys will say don't use time release but it was the closest ratio I could find around where I live. So I just watered them, do I flush or next watering water with a 6.0 phed water solution?
fd5592ebbb0e51be8dbb8c58d46c7b3a.jpg
f3b329af4535ed923738d673edf595e9.jpg
f371e90c607e5c9f3807b6a785d14b1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You should be watering with ph 6.0 all the time. Cannabis doesn't like it at 7.0. The range is 5.5 to 6.5 for cannabis with it centered at 6.0.

I never check my run off and water and feed with everything ph'd to 6.5 for soil. I believe the soil range is 6.3 to 6.8. So 6.5 is a nice middle ground for me. jmo

I did a couple of soil/organic grows and I used Espoma organic nutrients. Seems like I always set my water pH to 6.5 and it would self adjust to 6.7 and stay there. I suspect the microbes did that as the plants stayed healthy and yielded very well.

Jobes make good compost teas. You could go 100% organic and throw away your pH testers;).

or buy a decent ph meter for around $40. MUCH more accurate than test strips.

Here's my two cents, I splurged a few years back and bought a Hanna waterproof (the red one) PH meter, still working like a champ, recalibrate it every so often and clean the sensor lightly with an old tooth brush. Like the energizer rabbit, it keeps on going. :fly:

Here's my two cents, I splurged a few years back and bought a Hanna waterproof (the red one) PH meter, still working like a champ, recalibrate it every so often and clean the sensor lightly with an old tooth brush. Like the energizer rabbit, it keeps on going. :fly:

yes!! i love the hanna as well. the newer white ones are self calibrating.

I plan to get a it eventually but the drops work well for my purpose ATM.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back