Golden Rules for keeping a low profile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
So what are everyone's golden rules for keeping you're hobby out of the social lime light?

Me, I have 1 golden rule and a bunch of silver rules.

Golden Rule:

DO NOT TELL ANYONE. NO ONE! NOT YOU'RE MOM, DAD, PRIEST, DOG, NO ONE!

Silver Rules:

Keep a low profile - Do not do anything that would attract unwanted attention even in the slightest way. Keep the volume of the radio and T.V. at a reasonable setting as to not disturbe you're neighbors.

Cut down on friends visiting - The fastest way to have you're neighbors, and potentially others, snooping on you is to have a lot of people running in and out of you're house at all hours. A lot of people, when they look out their windows and see a "strange" car, will almost out of habbit start to snoop and ask questions. Questions that could lead to concerns, concerns that could lead to a visit by some unwanted guest.

Length of stay - When interacting with a friend who will be acquireing product from you ensure that they will be staying longer than five minutes. A lot of people comming to ones house at all hours of the day and night and only staying for five or ten minutes is a good way to have the alarm sounded. Best policy is smoke out, if you know the friend personally, or meet somewhere else.

Know your "friends" - It is ever so important that you only really deal with people you know. Working with someone you have just met could mean doom. You never know if this person has a big mouth or what. If possible always go through you're trustworthy friends. They come get it and give it to their friend. Never let anyone you don't know see who you are or where you live. Again, never let anyone you don't know see who you are or where you live.

Carry only what is needed - NEVER carry more than you need. If you were to get caught having all that unnecessary "weight" on you is going to be more of a bruden than anything else. A lot of these "ballers" like to carry qp's and **** on them at all times. That is stupid. All that means is they will be in prision for an extended stay.

Consume in private - Don't consume you're grow in public. I know it is just so damn cool to go to a park and smoke out, but come on people. Anything outside of you're house is enemy territory. You are just asking to get busted smoking in you're car, or in a parking lot, or on the street corner, where-ever. Smoke in the privacy of you're or a friends own home. If you plan on smoking make sure you don't have anything to do for the night. Stay in and enjoy you're buz because it is a real downer when you are on you're way to jail for beingEDIT FOR LANGUAGEup while you were on you're way to pick up little suzie from gymnastics class or something like that.

Be Prepared - Be prepared for anything. Because anything could happen. If you do feel the need to go out and party ensure you have you're supplies prepped before you leave you're house. Joints rolled, supply de-seeded / stem'd. I say take some already broken up supply with you because if you were to get busted that is just that much less weight they can charge you with. Those nickle and dime weight of seeds and stems adds up to a lot after a while. Plus it is a lot harder for a cop to find a bunch of broken up stuff than it is to find huge nuggest strewn about if you have to empty you're bags on the fly.

Hmmm. Nice rules bro. These mostly apply thoe if your dealing.

Not really, I mean yes, but no. I was just reading through some stories on a different forum on how people got busted by the cops and a lot of it was because they and their friends couldn't A) keep their mouths shut about what they were doing and B) had all kinds of people coming to their house at all hours of the night to party. I don't deal, so I don't look at those rules as a dealer rule book. I look at them as rules that cover all my bases.

yep selling will draw major heat, the whole point of me wanting to grow is to not have to be around dealers, last thing i want to do is turn into one. my dad knows about my plants but there isnt anything he dont know about me, i fugure he should know cause someones got to post bail if anything ever did go wrong, better he had a heads up about it.

funny thing is one of the places we get street smoke at is a house right across from his house, and i mean right across the street, walk out his front door, cross the street and walk in the dealers house. he agrees that me growin is probably less of a chance of getting busted then going to that house to buy a $30 bag.

Yeah, growin' you're own supply is a smart idea. So long as you don't sell to anyone, well maybe CLOSE friends, but even at that if they are close to you, you will most likely just smoke 'em out for free because they'll make it up to you later. But yeah, I am so done with dealing with dealers. My girl bought a bag and got taken advantage of so badly. $120 dollars for some **** ***, stringy, nothing but seeds weed. **** is hard as a rock and doesn't break up very easily at all. The fact that a "friend" hooked her up pisses me off more than anything else though.

yep the classic "friend" hookup. around here its not that easy to find either, you spend all night trying to find it, then when you do its just like you described it, crappy as could be, seedy, stemy, hard as a rock, and tastes like someone left it in their pocket when they washed their pants.

in our state you get a more harse sentence for having a bowl then you do cultivation. thats just sad really but hey i aint complaining one bit! we talked about rolling what we grow all up into joints and getting rid of everything else. as long as its under the certain amount your good.

thats awesome post i think should be LOCK and put on the top of the forum

Excelent post!!!! It would make for a great cover on a homepage. I have one golden rule......let the smoke fill your lungs and...not your pocket book....let your job be your income...and hey, if you got to many plants to take care of...well than I guess its a job and nobody works for free....lol..great insite by the way about the friends part!

that is a great post. loke i say to my girl (D.T.A) dont trust anyone

It may not always be possible to not tell anyone. If you're a girl you may need help carrying a grow system. A girlfriend of mine told me that she needed her dad's help carrying the grow station and then her dad asked her out in the hallway of her apartment, "What are you going to be growing in that thing?" "It's not going to give off an odor that your neighbors are going to raise cain about, is it?" He asked her this outloud!!! She hushed him and told him that she didn't want anyone knowing that she's growing anything in there and that she she intended to grow orchids in it. After she got outside she told her dad not to worry she wasn't going to grow anything illegal. She lives in a city. Do you think she'll get busted?

depends on her dad IMO. more than likely she'll just get a butt chewin from him.

She's drivin me out of my mind, she's so paranoid. Which I understand why. I also think that she's lucky I'm such an understanding person.

I carried all my grow stuff on the day of purchase, im talking: NFT, Nutes (x4), extra nutes, the grow light (with a heavy b*sta*d power block thingy) and a load of gubbins. I nearly broke my back doing it and everyone thought it was a computer (i dont think they would of got far if they did steal it there and then on the bus).

heh should have waited for me to give you a hand the next day!

My golden rule for growing is DONT SELL.. pure and simple..

Sure if a good mate is in need invite them over maybe blaze it up a bit, its a social sport, but its simple, if you dont wanna get caught, dont sell.

riz

Latest posts

Back