Question about adding flavors to a tincture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TexRx

Hey, All,

I'm making a tincture using 2 oz Everlear and 5 1/2 grams of good buds in a small bottle.

And I would like if someone could tell me if I can add 1 whole clove or a small piece of cinnamon in with the bud ? Or would it beter not to add any flavors to the tincture?

What about adding a small amount of vanilla extract after the tincture is strained?

Thanks in advance for any thughts........

:ciao:

Hello tex :)

What are you going to use this tincture for?

:peace:

i think hes gonna drink it, what makes the taste of poo better? how about chasing it with an olive or cherry brandy.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello tex :)

What are you going to use this tincture for?

:peace:

I'm going to use it to get medicated. Hopefully it will be strong enough that I can add one dropperfull to a small glass of water and take it.
Or possibly just put a dropperfull under my tongue. How bad does it taste? I've never made this before. Can't post any pics till my 15th post.......

how did it turn out? I made some using two different methods. the first one i put the dryed and grounded weed in a jar with about 1/2 cup of 155% Rum. left it for 2 weeks. put the jar into a pan of water with lid off and simmered it to reduce. tasted like ****.
the 2nd method, i baked the weed in a 320* oven for 4 mins. put it into a jar with the same amount of Rum and shake it every day. it has now been 6 weeks. now what? i have read that you place it into a glass pan after straining it and let it evaporate. I have no idea what to do next. any help would be great.

i have read that you place it into a glass pan after straining it and let it evaporate.
i believe your thinkin of iso oil. as far as the evap part goes. sorry no help wit the tincature making tho.
no perxonal exp in it.

lehua96734 said:
how did it turn out?

Well, I decided after smoking more of the bud I used for the tincture that it was not any good. It smelled and tasted like it was sprayed with deer repellent or sprayed by some kind of skunk so I threw out the tincture and the rest of the weed and moved on.

i have a good budy who uses his tincture to make awesome lollipops. he puts alot of flavorings like lemom-lime, cherry, pineapple,grape, at least 7 flavors. gotta make it strong so it taste alitle better.not bad, kinda mellow high but a high. thats what maters, i guess

Latest posts

Back