It's A Girl!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouq

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been flowering 2 plants for almost 2 weeks (bag seed), and today when I went to water them I noticed little white hairs coming out of the place where new leaves are growing. I've looked at alot of pictures and i'm pretty sure it's begining to bud. I was wondering if there is anything I should or can do to make the grow better (ie. trimming, pruning, cutting, tie it down, etc.) This is my first grow and untill now i've been afraid to do anything but look at it. I here alot of you guys talk about trimming and stuff and just wanted some advice. Thanks...

Congrats dude! It's always great when you get those first white hairs. Now, I always keep checking because I once got burned by a hermie.

The mechanical stuff (tying down), pruning, are all a matter of opinion. My belief is that there is more than one way to grow herb so my way may not be the same as someone else's.

I think the overriding principle has to be 'bring the bud to the light'. Maximize that upper light area and minimize the lower. When I prune I think of this principle.

Hope this helps.

I take off entire branches 'down below' and the ones I leave I do not prune much off of. I have found even in the lower regions of a bud getting light there is tons of growth.

I top usually at the 4th or 5th internode (works for my room size) and again, depending how quickly they are growing in veg. This produces a fairly bushy plant that I exploit by training the branches diagonally.

The other key thing is to maximize your environment. Well ventilated, water well aerated, room clean, appropriately lit, use a res if your system allows it, etc.

Whats up Bouq. Congrats on your new girl. Keep up the great work and you will soon have a plant full of some nice bud. Great job.

congrats on the girl ....can you get any pics :D

I have been trying to get pics up for what seems like an eternity, I have a pretty nice digital camera but no usb cable, plus i'm on the iliterate side when it comes to uploading things on to my pc :eek: , how much is the cable?

Latest posts

Back