Supercritical CO2 extraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
Nobody ever listens to me, until I fart..:confused2:...
Love it, guy, you and I have a similiar sick sense of humor. :rofl: I have a feelin we'd get along well. :ccc:

Karma said:
"there is still NO IRRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE THAT SMOKING CANNABIS BUD BY ITSELF is not carcinogenic as well...show me the FDA reports that claim 0% chance marijuana is carcinogenic."
First let me say that the FDA will probably not report that. they are already on their way to having THC pharma versions ready for when the gov legalizes it. There are many research papers on the mutations that cannabis smoke causes. the majority of the time mutations = tumors/cancer/degenerate defects. check out this link. one of many on the topic.

http :// www scribd com /doc/20958655/null
(fill in the blanks)

i hope all you that were talking like you were scientist do some research before you talk about some info you dont even fully understand. Maybe a bit of schooling. GG.
"I guess, I just love what I do"
^^^ Don't let Karma Get Ya Down! ^^^

Oi Veh!

Mutt said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

People don't do this!!!! If you do use elec. NOT GAS heat unless you wanna fill your kitchen up with fumes and blow yourself up. Just as easy to set out and let evap. just requires a lil thing called patience. I set it outside...once filled my whole garage up with alcohol smell and i wasn't heating it. Just becuase alcohol seems safe but in concentrated fumes it will ignite be enough to flash burn the hell outa ya. IMO Prolly the same thing if you lit a match around Hick after he farted :rofl:

Green sludge is NOT how i want my oil to look.

Now as far as the CO2 method never seen it. Would need to see some pics. Stick with my Butane and ISO.

Please refer to title of post. and yes, electric. Great googly moogly ppl! lol

So i think i was referring to the title of the post... i guess i could be mistaking...
"so i was just doing some research for a paper on SCFE and came across this thread."
anyways the reason i was explaining about SOXHLET is because we have already been there and done that. Using SCFE is a bit more intresting then it sounds. easy to get your SCF... tricking keeping it at the right temps and pressures without buying expensive equipment that most can not afford. there is plenty of information out there on SCFE, but if i tell you it all... when would you learn anything? you retain the most knowledge on a subject when your driven to learn more and more about it. anyways if your really having that hard of a time 7greeneyes, send me a private msg with your email or some way to contact you and i will point you in the right direction since you seem to be the only one here that even cares about next gen extracts that are NOT carcinogenic.
also here are those pics i said i would post. first 3 are the contaminates from a standard SOXHLET - butane extraction. obviously there is a bit of vegatation. as you can see there are 2 different patterns of the contaminates in the pictures. the one with more contaminates is the first clarification, the picture with less contaminates is the 2rd clarification. depending on the trim/strain/quality level of butane as mentioned in my previous post, you will have to clarify more or less 2-5 times. anyone that thinks im wrong. enjoy your carcinogens. You can Taste/Feel the difference on your lungs, And the bowl does not get covered in Tar, the excess oil just melts down into the bowl and you can actually rinse the bowl and clarify the contents a few times and be back to what you started with... - like 35-55% depending on how proficient you are at smoking oil (even out of a concentrate bowl). the next 3 pics are inbetween clarification 2-3. for us, on that perticular run, 3 clarifications gave us the PERFECT consistency, with no noticeable taste of ANY of the Butane or alcohol. When i say without ANY noticeable taste, i mean it was more smoooth then smoking a bowl of just pure bud hairs (like a fatty bowl of bud hairs). when handling on a slightly chilled day (3-5degrees below normal) or in the evening, stringers would get Almost annoyingly long. its kinda cold currently i will see if i can get a picture of one right now. *****taking pictures*****, and i got some. lets see how they turn out.

trash3.png

trash1.png

trash2.png

Real Solextrac1.png

Real Solextrac2.png

Real Solextrac3.png

stringer1.png

stringer gettin long.png

stringer (nice color.png

Verythin stringer2 .png

Verythin stringer (hadtohighlight).png

Verythin stringer (nothighlighted).png

here ya are. the bottom left 2 on the post above are the same picture. they stringer was so thin i could barely see in on the picture, so i outlined it and tried to bring it out as much as posibable but even with photoshop and saturation and brightness/contrast, i could only get that much to show.
end of stringer1.png

end of stringer2.png

stringer gettin long2.png

no body is disputing what i say? glad the references helped. good luck with all your extractions everyone. remember to msg me if your intrested in information. peace!
I have heard that you need expensive equipment to extract using supercritical CO2. What is it? Is there an equipment list? A plan, process or procedure that anyone can point me too... Money is not an issue, time is... a friend of mine is ill and I am trying to help, but I need your help asap...

Thanks all,...

good collection of information guys.

i would also like to know what equipment is recommended for the co2 supercritical extractions regardless of the costs involved.

has anyone run across any of this type of specific information?

i3inary,

I hope I misunderstood your comment about "good collection of information guys".

Most of what is in this thread is just plain foolish and irresponsible bickering.

If people are to darn stupid to realize that playing with any highly flammable volatile liquid or flammable gas is DANGEROUS at best then they are too stupid to carry on a conversation with!

Also messing with ANY HIGHLY PRESSURIZED GAS is stupid! Working with it with the proper precautions, equipment and training is still dangerous, even if it is an inert gas. Why do you think they are considered palcardable HAZARDOUS MATERIALS?

Like wise if they are too stupid to realize that acetone, either and isopropyl alcohol are POISONS and that introducing poisons into anything that you intend to ingest into your body is DANGEROUS then they are equally stupid!

The only even nearly safe extraction method that they have mentioned is Ethyl Alcohol -- Everclear being the most well know brand available commercially. Even Everclear is potentially dangerous to use during the evaporation stage because even EVERCLEAR will burn just well in an alcohol lamp as any other type of alcohol!

The reason I say even Everclear isn't totally safe is because thousands of deaths and illnesses occur each year from drinking "food grade ethyl alcohol".

However out of all of the solvents mentioned food grade ethyl alcohol is processed with the intent of being ingested into the human body. That means that any residue left from not completely evaporating the ethyl alcohol from your hash/honey oil is going to be compounds intended to be ingested into the body. The other 10% they talk about is pure water vapor that is reabsorbed from the air after the distillate is exposed to the air. Inf act high quality vodka is pure ethyl alcohol diluted with water, the purer of which gives the least flavor to the vodka.

IF YOU SAFELY COMPLETE THE EXTRACTION AND DISPERSAL OF THE CO2 GAS WITHOUT EITHER EXPLODING THE EQUIPMENT, FREEZE BURNING YOURSELF, OR SUFFOCATING YOUR SELF DUE TO REPLACING THE OXYGEN IN THE AIR WITH CO2, the you probably can ignore any contamination from the CO2 itself but what about the equipment and handling? Why do you think there are medical grades of both Oxygen and CO2?

Good smoking.

Latest posts

Back