Male or Female.? Assurance needed please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for some assurance either way: male or female.?

I do believe it is a male. I have only been flowering for 4 days, but plant was fully matured before 12/12. The point of concern is directly in the middle of the pictures; although, these 'banana' looking things are starting to pop up at most node joints. I did look under a 30x microscope and did see a bushal type structure, instead of 2 hair-like pistills. It's not too early for me to have determined this right?
Thanks to all who reply.

Malefk! 001.JPG

Malefk! 002.JPG

Hello HIE, yes it does; have alternating nodes. The plant itself is 3 months old.

It looks male to me , but the pics are blurry. If it is a boy, you will know for sure shortly. Keep an eye on it in case you have any females close by.

I apologize for the blurry pics 420benny, I tried the best I could to get a 'close up', (if anyone has Canon PowerShot SD1000, and knows how to get a better, closer pic, I am all ears). I do have 'possible' females in the same area, which is the reason I am hoping to weed this male out, along with any other male that might pop up.

It does look possibly male its hard to tell you should see pre-flowes or pistils and it doesnt look that way so be cautious

I can't see anything to tell by yet. Watch it closing for the next few days and you should know for sure

ozzydiodude,
Ok, in your opinion, about how many days should I wait before makeing an educated decision? (Skunk #1, from seed, planted nov.1, in soil)

IMO that plant could show at anytime you wil have to check it a couple times a day til it shows

I can do that, thanks. Would you happen to have a link, or picture, showing early flowering males? It seems in the literature I have, and pictures I have seen, the male flowering is always in later stages, not within days of flowering.

I just checked your camera out.

Try setting it to macro, it says superb pics with the flash left on.

Personally I find macro with flash off works much better, But I have a different camera.

Your camera has a macro focal length of 3 to 50 cm.

So you can get real close up and still be in total focus.

:peace:

This is a male 2 weeks further than your plant.

I think you have a male but without better pics, only time will tell.

145.JPG

Now those are some big ol kahunas HIE....:)

3 months old? I wld think it wld hve shown some pre-flowers by now...your pics are blurry so it's hard to say for sure but from what I cld make out it looks male...

HippyInEngland said:

Wow!!! That plant has a huge package.... Maybe you should name it Ron Jeremy...

Major thanks HIE! .. I have taken a few more closer pictures thanks to your help. Sad to know I have had this 3+ years and know 5% of how to work it.

Malefkme 001.JPG

Malefkme 002.JPG

Malefkme 005.JPG

HippyInEngland said:

I'm guessin that's a male AK47 from your seed run last summer :hubba:

Edit: No, wait! LMAO AKs don't go 12 weeks :)

Warm up the trash compactor....I wld say in another day or two you will know for sure but it is looking a bit male to me as well...

Latest posts

Back