Cannabis By Nikon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subcool

Dank Creator
Reaction score
One of the reasons I got really excited about this site was the fact it really looks geared to pictures of our favorite plant.

Do you like rainbows?
I do so lets look at Cannabis in all the colors of a rainbow.

First Purple

This may take a few trys :)

Sub

Blackrussianday76seed.jpg

Blackrussianday76seeda.jpg

Blackrussianday76seedb.jpg

Blackrussianday76seedcsmall.jpg

Blackrussianday76seedd (Small).jpg

Blackrussianday76seedfsmall.jpg

ivan3 (Small).jpg

Ivan (Medium).jpg

BBbr.jpg

BBbr2.jpg

Great shots Subcool. :aok: Gotta love those purple buds as they are just bursting with color and i'm sure the smoke is great as well. :hubba: Keep them pics coming Subcool. ;) Did cold temps make the fan leaves on the Orange Velvet turn that color or do they turn on their own?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Great shots Subcool. :aok: Gotta love those purple buds as they are just bursting with color and i'm sure the smoke is great as well. :hubba: Keep them pics coming Subcool. ;) Did cold temps make the fan leaves on the Orange Velvet turn that color or do they turn on their own?

Thanks BG
OV has this trait when finishing but absolutly cold temps and organic fade adds greatly to her looks

Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote about the Purple Craze

Purple Cannabis is all the rage in the Nocal clubs and it is highly sought after by both consumers and producers, lets explore this phenomenon and learn some things about Cannabis and Color. Do we see any great demand for purple today? Not in normal things because they’re readily available but when it comes to Purple Pot it’s another story.
Cannabis floral clusters are basically green, but changes may take place later in the season, which alter the color to include various shades. The intense green of chlorophyll usually hides the color of accessory pigments, Chlorophyll starts to loose it’s vibrant green color late in the season and anthocyanin pigments also contained in the tissues are uncovered and the amazing colors are produced at this time. Purple, resulting from anthocyanin accumulation, is extremely common in Cannabis, this color modification is usually triggered by seasonal change, and also can be influenced indoor by a temperature drop of between 20-30 degrees.

This does not mean, however, that Purple is controlled by environment alone and it can be passed on genetically. For purple color to develop upon maturation, a strain must have the genetically controlled metabolic potential to make anthocyanin pigments and be responsiveness to environmental change such as cold nighttime temps. This means a strain can have the genetic potential to change color but if conditions never exist you may never know it. I have grown Jacks Cleaner for a long time and when I moved west and it found some dramatically cooler temps I got a nice maroon/ purple coloring at maturity.

There are other pigments that effect the color of mature cannabis for example Carotenoid is largely responsible for the yellow, orange, red, and brown colors in buds. I find this effect is much easier to accomplish in Organics and soil but in order to really call a strain Purple it needs to have more than colored outer leaves and the inner buds need to actually be Purple.

This is Sputnik 1 AKA "Pinky"

Pinkyday57 (Medium).jpg

Pinkyday57a (Medium).jpg

Pinkyday57b (Medium).jpg

pinktownd.jpg

PinkyDay52ars.jpg

PinkyDay52e.jpg

PinkyDay52jsmall.jpg

PinkyDay52ksmall.jpg

PinkyDay52small.jpg

sp-1mar24h.jpg

Runby I shoot with Nikon
I have a D-50, a D-80,

Lens 11-18 Wide, 50 MM macro, 105 Macro, 300MM Zoom
18-23 Working lens, Sigma Ring Flash

The first trick to inducing some good color change is what I like to call the “fade” this is when using an organic soil mix you achieve the perfect balance of N-P-K allowing the plant to use up all the available nitrogen and start loosing it’s Chlorophyll and the colored pigments are allowed to bleed through as the green fades. This can be achieved I am sure in Hydro as well but plants react so fast and absorb so well in water that its more normal for a hydro plant to be green and vibrant that multi colored like in soil organics.

The second thing that can really make a huge difference is a large temperature swing between day time and night time temps. The nice thing is with a simple A/c unit and a well built bud room it’s pretty easy to chill a 12x12 room to 60 degrees year round. That same room running 3000 watts will have a day time temperature of between 80-85 degrees making a 25 degree temperature swing. This will easily unlock that fall color hidden inside a strain provided the genetic coding is also there. I have to say from experience it’s a trait of a large percentage of Cannabis that I have grown. Bringing in outside air in colder climates can also be helpful in adding some color as well as keeping bugs in check and a bud room can stand bitter cold if your not worried about reservoir temps.

Last proper application of nutrients is very important if you jack up the N far into bud your not going to see this fading and you may even effect the taste I have found plants that faded to early actually tasted sweeter but then you hurt your yields. Using a good catalyst can also help a lot as the citric acid and sugars seem to speed up the maturation process I currently use sweet leaf at week 4 and week 6. There are many good products and many old timers even make up there own using cane sugar and citric acid but I think the big companies have better research to support there recipes.

This is Pinky once again:
She is featured on the cover of Big Book 3

Before you ask

No you can't buy these seeds any longer!

Pinkydrygsmall.jpg

sp-1mar24dsmall.jpg

sp-1mar24gsmall.jpg

Sputnik1RD.jpg

Sputnik1RD2.jpg

Sputnik1RD3.jpg

Sputnik1RD4.jpg

Sputnik1RD6.jpg

Sputnik1RD8.jpg

sputnikrd7.jpg

You may not have heard of the strain Jacks Cleaner, but among collectors of Elite genetics it has become somewhat of an urban legend. This is due to a few factors. The first is I grew it for many years before other respected growers tried it and let me know it was probably the best Sativa Hybrid in existence. In 1997 I had a gathering known in breeder circles as “Jamaica 1” several respected under ground breeder/growers met at my place and we spent 3 days toking testing talking and feasting on BBQ and southern food. We had a un official judging and JC won every first place vote. Now maybe the guys were just being nice because I tossed the gig but I knew at least I had found a great strain. But where did it come from?
I got my first PC in about 1994 it was an Acer 133 and soon found a great deal of information on Cannabis, certainly not anything like today but it led me to grow chats where I met others that shared an interest for growing. One of the first I became close online friends with was a guy with the nick ‘Skoosh’. I was amazed that there was another seriously hard working tax paying Loyal American that waked and baked everyday of his adult life. We swapped stories online, toked while we typed and found out we both love ice cream. He offered me some seeds and over time traded around what we each had. He sent me about 200 seeds of a old strain called Skoosh that was pretty infamous in his circles and I started cracking large treys looking for a keeper. The make up of these seeds were Pluton, Lambs bread, Purple Haze, and Northern Lights. What mix or pattern these crosses occurred I am not sure. Most of what I found was not impressive, super thin spindly sativa’s and mutants with whorled leaves. I did find a few that seemed normal and grew them to maturity. Of all the seeds I started over a period of a year one phenotype stood out. It was a extremely resinous ultra lemon wonder. It reminded me of a house hold cleaner named “Mr Clean” So I named it “The Cleaner”. It had one poor trait and that was weak stems and smaller size. I had not yet read botany and we all thought breeders were smarter than god so it was just luck I had a Jack Herer male from Sensi Seeds that I was to lazy to kill and just placed in a dark garage. It refused to die so I placed a small 12” Cleaner clone with him and she produced about 35 seeds.
From these I selected the best female and tossed all the males. From these was the Phenotype many now consider to be the holy grail of Cannabis, Jacks Cleaner is a large heavy producer with ultra white raised trichomes that actually give the plant a gooey appearance. Heavy citrus with over bearing lemon smell and taste I have yet to see anything like it. In 2003 we out crossed the P1 mother with a JC X blueberry offspring and created JC bx. This first stage back cross recently won third place in the 420 cup in Amsterdam by a grower named HOG. It had a 12 day cure and blew everyone away as he was an unknown in there neck of the woods. There is some confusion cause many that have the JC bx misstate the fact and say they have JC leaving off the BX indicating a back cross.
This year I started Space Queen by Vic a hybrid cross of Cindy-99 and Romulan. I never considered it something impressive but it has blown Jill and I away. It is extremely potent fast maturing and just an amazing flavor. Pineapples and mangos with a candy like fragrance it has become our stash smoke. We have now decided to cross the JC P1 with the best Space Queen male we found.. Many would argue you need thousands of plants to start with for selecting to be considered a ‘True Breeder” but I think 30 years of growing and a keen eye for recessive traits can compensate starting from a smaller gene pool and the feed back from our medical users backs up my theory.

You can see by the photo’s that JC is not a normal hemp dominant plant. Just the speed of resin production makes her somewhat of a freak .You can see how the large raised resin heads give some shots a glass effect. I will attempt to describe toking JC from a clean bong, the smoke is crisp and thick with a heavy lemon oiliness that seems to coat the sinuses with citrus, it is a bit harsh and tends to make me wince, then the expansion starts and if you took a small enough hit and don’t cough the buzz is instant. At first the buzz is visual and very cerebral. Then the other side starts creeping and you feel as if you smoked some heavy indica. The munchies come on and after you eat plates full of bizarre food combinations you are ready for a nap. Once you are used to the high it has amazing analgesic properties and a good friend said it even made him last longer with his GF due to it’s pain relieving aspects.

JCday60slr.jpg

JCday60slr1.jpg

JCday60slr2.jpg

JCday60slr3.jpg

JCday60slr4.jpg

JCday60slr5.jpg

JCday60slr6.jpg

JCday60slr7.jpg

JCslrlastcall.jpg

JCslrlastcallg.jpg

JCday60slr13.jpg

JCslrlastcallh.jpg

[FONT=&quot]People always ask me what My favorite strain is?

Here is the answer..

The Incredible Tiny Bomb Great things sometimes come in small packages, and this phenotype of Space Jill (Space Queen) is I feel the best Cannabis I have ever smoked. I need give a huge disclaimer: This thing is absolutely the worst yielding plant I have ever grown; it's a double-edged sword. I grow two of these in one pot trying to conserve space and add to my head stash, but I have yet to get more than a jar full off one plant. One trick I employ is to place two plants in one pot, forming more heads to help yield more per square foot. Jill prefers the larger and more normal version we used to breed with, but I love this one. It is simply double coated in raised trichomes. It actually has so much resin that even extremely dry and cured, the weed seams to smolder in a bowl and not want to burn correctly. It is almost like your smoking resin or hash. I love the way this thing just sparkles in the flash. If you want to know how to find one of these, it's not easy. They are hidden away in the Space Jill seeds. This phenotype is extremely recessive, and then your going to have to keep the runt of the litter. "You were my pills, you were my thrills. You were my hope baby, you were my smoke." Well this plant absolutely dropped the bomb on me because if I had any sanity, I'd toss her and replace with something larger. But to date this is the one that sets me off. This girl has a taste similar to Genius and Apollo, but it's more concentrated and the tart taste is more sour than any diesel I have ever smoked, including sour D and catpiss. It also has an underlying sweet tang that is very pleasant as it rolls across the tongue and the exhale is even very sweet and tart. I have been asked before if this phenotype can be found in Space Jill and I am happy to report it definitely can. Tiny has become legend. Several people have a phenotype that resembles mine, and they describe the same traits. The lavender coloring in some of these shots is from organics and cooler night temps. If I have her placed away from the A/C unit, she doesn't turn this shade. I can also see just a hint of Romulan from time to time. As if you couldn't tell I like it, it seems to carry a slight hashy spicy taste that is well over shadowed by the sour and sweet. Now here is the other side of the coin: The other version that Jill prefers to call simply C. It has a over whelming Cherry flavor, and a much larger yield. A few friends who recently sampled her for the first time were completely blown away, and one considers it his all time favorite smoke. The only problem with this plant is I always run out of it long before anything else. The largest plant I had grown was well over five feet with at least six heads, and the total dry weight was 40 grams. That same harvest I pulled six zipps off a JC. I sent this to the guy that sent me Apollo-13, and he also couldn't get it to make big fun. But he agreed it's simply so potent so tasty and so unique, he added it to his stash as his #1 personal smoke. People are always asking if I would breed with this plant. Well to be honest I am positive it's located in the Space Queen f2's. Even though we used the largest and slightly different phenotype to breed with, when you grow out the f2's your going to get a slight variation. The smaller phenotypes that are more resinous, harder buds and a more triangular shape that's closer to the Romulan side of things, as the larger and rounded buds are to me more a Cindy trait. I have a weird theory I will share with you, but it has very little scientific basis and is based more on my observations. It seems when you grow out a lot of seeds, the strain has an infinite amount of potency to be distributed. The larger, leafier females that yield more and grow fastier and easier are NEVER as potent as the smaller strains that seem to put more effort into resin production and less into yield.
[/FONT]

Bombsawaywow.jpg

Bombsawaywoww.jpg

Bombsaway5.jpg

Bombsaway6.jpg

Bombsaway7.jpg

Bombsaway8.jpg

Bombsaway9.jpg

Bombsaway10.jpg

Bombsaway11.jpg

Bombsaway12.jpg

Bombsaway13.jpg

Bombsaway14.jpg

. Therefore these strains are potent as hell, and this is the foundation of how I select my mother plants. There are certainly always exceptions like Jacks Cleaner that is extremely potent and yields well. And there are certainly many others, but take Og kush. I don't grow it, but isn't it a PIA to grow and low yielding? Think of all the super potent extremely resinated strains that don't yield great: G-13, Apollo, Genius, OG Kush and others are all known to be incredibly potent. It's a theory anyway. Growing safely now in a legal med garden, I have been able to grow out some of my genetic stash over and over again. And tweaking each plants soil mix, I am able to maximize the yield of plants that in the past were known as low yielding. This is the case with the phenotype. By lowering her initial nutrient level (cooler soil) and not feeding her anything until day 30, where she received a nice blast of High P poo stew with assorted organic goodies like Sweet Leaf. She responded well to the easy treatment, and I have doubled the yield on her. Every time I harvested her, I would make small adjustments. And I continued to increase her yields to almost three jars just before we built our new rooms. It's a Gas Now we added CO2 (use a consistent abbreviation Co2 or CO2. Choose one and stick with it). are running in the new room. Temps run around 74 degrees and below to control bugs. I read a thread that said co2 wasn't helpful in low temps, but I am going to have to disagree. I have never seen a Tiny Bomb this size. Now keep in mind she had an extended veg under flo's, while we moved over to new place and built the new rooms. But I am certain the co2 added to the girth of the buds. This proves that even with a smaller phenotype you can still learn to maximize her yields, if you just watch the plant and listen to what it tells you by how it reacts to its environment and treatment.

Bombsaway15.jpg

Bombsaway16.jpg

Bombsaway17.jpg

tinyredhead7.jpg

tinyredhead3.jpg

bigtiny4.jpg

bigtiny5.jpg

bigtiny6.jpg

bigtiny9.jpg

bigtiny18.jpg

bigtiny20.jpg

suntiny6.jpg

I have some GoothunderxVortex. After seeing your pics I can't wait to grow them out now. Any idea who made the cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back