whats the deal with all these hermie's what happen to the standers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sin inc

eastside greenxpert
Reaction score
whats the deal with all these hermies poping out of no where. it seams like the more the market get all theses new untested strains the more unstable seeds we seam to be getting. back in the old days when this was a underground hobby
and you only had like maybe 15 or so company's selling seeds their were unwritten standers. it was very rare you would get hermies or low germ rates are any of the prob we have today. i have been growing since 2006 but only got into breeding. i have never had a hermies pop up on me and i am really hard on my plants when i pick the plants i work with i am hard on purpose light mess up's, miss handling, stripping(meaning stripping everything but a a few leave then putting it right back in veg) if they can stand up to my grow room then they stay. if they die the clones get killed and seed flushed .i dont want weak plants in my grow room. i have grown only bag until i ordered a pack of mixed indoor seeds from marijuana seeds nl. i then used two males from the mixed pack with my best bag seed lady. and i have been growing them out ever since . it just so bad to see the seed company's putting money over standards
i cant wait until their are set standers and other things like dna mapping for plants. so you know what your buying, where it really came from . and if the parents were clean and healthy and maybe more

more people growing = more possibilities for herms to pop up. i also think the feminized seeds have made the amount of herms spike a LITTLE, bot not as much as the fact that there are just so many NEW people growing these days. new growers are the most likely to get a herm, whether it be from bad genentics, or grower error. noobs will always have the highest chance at getting them. the perception of a lot of herms is also compounded by the fact that new growers tend to post question on forums to get good advise about what to do about the problem.

as for the quality of the products on the market. it varies more and more as the industry grows. in any industry there will always be good & bad, expensive & inexpensive products.

i'm just thankful i found a forum like this one. reputation is our best line of defense against bad seed company's at the moment.

sin inc said:
new untested strains

That is one of the problems.

Also many people are confusing being a "breeder" with being a "pollen chucker".
A breeder takes years of research and 100's if not 1000's of plants to produce a stable strain. A pollen chucker uses each grow cycle to make their new strains with a dozen plants.imo

Both are able to come across a super dank strain, but for resale of the seeds, a breeder is more reliable.imo

thats what i have been telling my group down here. i let them smoke some of my ewd#! and they have been after me for about year now . is it ready, come on just let me get a few seeds. you have been working on this strain for years it had to be ready. i have all ready made like 6 diffrent strains and your still working on your first. i just laugh and say. while you have 6 unstable strains you grow. yall still want to smoke my strain rather then your i wonder why that is.
i know my self i had to grow at least 300 plants to get me to this point. and i plan to grow as many as i need to get to get my strain are to my liking

and you right pcduck i would rather buy from a breeder ........

shortbus you make some good points . its a shame that their are no real standers in place. if their was what kind would their be......
it would be really nice to open up your packs of seeds and see everything it took to make them

i refuse to buy from these chuckers! its like buying from the government, to me! helping a cause that will end the good.

Latest posts

Back