Tips and tricks with PJ using LED tech, It's not just the lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep my LED`s no closer then 12". Try to keep them around 16"-18".

It's looking good if you are only wanting the tops. I prefer to stick to the 6 to 8 tops and go SOG over that may tops. Even the popcorn will be less than popcorn and I like a more open canopy if I can get it and flower top to bottom.

I can also at times flip clones at 14 days rooted that way and keep them short. Overall grow times way shorter with zero wasted growth.

Just curious why you choose to do less plants more veg over the more plants zero veg to speak of?

In any event, your plants look super healthy, so you are for sure doing a good job.

These tips are certainly not the rule on every single plant every strain. Just some basic tips to increase yield's on most...

Best of luck with the tech. It's here to stay and right around the corner, HID's won't be able to keep up at all.

It's looking good if you are only wanting the tops. I prefer to stick to the 6 to 8 tops and go SOG over that may tops. Even the popcorn will be less than popcorn and I like a more open canopy if I can get it and flower top to bottom.

would you suggest to remove the node below the main on each stem?

this plant was flipped yesterday

from the top-shot, you can match-up pairs of tops; main and the node below.
I only have 5 main stems.
The "bottom" stem topping paired off so nicely, I left them both thus 6 pairs of tops...

{mental note: 6 pairs = 12 tops... NOT 6-8 like the man just said.}

I can also at times flip clones at 14 days rooted that way and keep them short. Overall grow times way shorter with zero wasted growth.

Just curious why you choose to do less plants more veg over the more plants zero veg to speak of?

my first (of 3.5 ever) grow was some bag-seeds. I let them grow till they showed sex in VEG so that's about what I replicated with the next two FEM seeds. This is the first clone (4th plant ever) I've ever taken to flower.

part of it is also the LEGAL situation. I live in a decriminalized but NON-Medical state. Until I don't have to hide in my basement like a 16 year old kid in my par... sorry... I'm dancing around the felony line etc etc. If I had to stand before a judge (before my fine state/country pulls its head out of its...) I would be able to say that I had ONE friggen' plant, gimme' a break!

In any event, your plants look super healthy, so you are for sure doing a good job.
/bow :48:

Best of luck with the tech. It's here to stay and right around the corner, HID's won't be able to keep up at all.
keep me in the loop ;);), I'll "guinea pig" anything you suggest

:farm:<---intraining

Hey PJ, could you make a suggestion for a small VEG only LED? I am looking for something that will cover a 2x2 area for seedlings and clones only. any suggestion would be great.

The above light in use (24/7)
Cloned and Vegged the plant in the other pictures.

-----------

2-sided grow cabinet: flower full height, Veg has fans/pumps/filters under a shelf

-----------

Well, I took her down to 5 "arms" with only a "finger and thumb" left...

Take the "thumb" too?
(flipped 10/10/14)

:farm:<--intraining

View attachment PICT0888a.jpg

View attachment PICT0923a.jpg

View attachment PICT0926a.jpg

thanks guys, i bought my big light there, dont know how i missed this one. Thanks again.

Question, I will only be using this light for early Veg, because it has a grow and bloom switch and I will only be using the grow I am buying led's that will never be used. does anyone sell a veg only light without going custom built?

Or you could use both grow and bloom switches on and get full spectrum.

Question, I will only be using this light for early Veg, because it has a grow and bloom switch and I will only be using the grow I am buying led's that will never be used. does anyone sell a veg only light without going custom built?

Or you could use both grow and bloom switches on and get full spectrum.
What he said.

I built some custom veg only lights several years ago, but I no longer deal with that company.

BlackStar/Gotham Hydro makes a veg only light, but because everyone I know has had them fail I would go with the light posted above.

There are for sure better lights, but not at that price point.

ok full spectrum, should i also be doing that with my bigger light ? Im currently vegging with it and im only using the grow switch, i have a lot too learn with this new tech.

ok full spectrum, should i also be doing that with my bigger light ? Im currently vegging with it and im only using the grow switch, i have a lot too learn with this new tech.
That will depend on your plant. Most will not stretch under full spectrum while others will with just veg. Try it both ways and see how your plants react.

well i must have two that don't stretch with just the grow, the first 4 nodes are so tight i could use a little stretch to start training, very impressed with the light so far.

So would it make sense to stick with just grow, and add the bloom the last few weeks of veg and continue full spectrum 12-12 through the end of flower? thanks for the info.

well i must have two that don't stretch with just the grow, the first 4 nodes are so tight i could use a little stretch to start training, very impressed with the light so far.

So would it make sense to stick with just grow, and add the bloom the last few weeks of veg and continue full spectrum 12-12 through the end of flower? thanks for the info.
Sorry missed your post. The only thing I would do different than what you normally did in the past is lesson the strength of the food a bit by say 20% or so. Keep your food mixes the same in terms of when, and if you used a "Transition" nute program in the past stay the course.

I run hydro, so I am either running straight veg food, or straight flower food and plants change the day they are flipped. The combination of the two mixing together for me is a transition sort of.

Thanks PJ but i was referring to the lights grow/bloom switches.

as for the nutes i found out already that i need to cut back on nutes, burnt them pretty good but they recovered nicely.

That light you posted for just under 100, PJ... it's been haunting my thoughts since you posted it!

I think I need to get it.

Fine if you're planning to just veg some plants, but it's not going to do a whole lot in flower

Latest posts

Back