First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also excited to report hat i got my stg (sure to grow) medium in, it cost me $24 for 6 inserts for my ebb and grow. I also was fortunate to find a full out grow using ebb and flow and STG in the 420magazine forums, which gave me some great insights into issues i was trying to find a fix for before i ran into it, like algae, and why the insers sit so low in the bucket etc.. I am about to start germinating the next set of seeds and put them into the STG i think i will try the last 3 seeds and then i will order more seeds, can someone recommend a seedbank in canada? I just used cropkings I was very happy but there is a limited selection

I use Hemp Depot in Canada. They do not take CC, so you do have to get a MO or send cash, but it is not a biggy to pick up a MO somewhere. They are handling a lot of different breeders' gear now. http://hempdepot.ca/

I have found that my grass in my yard likes it when I dump my res water into the yard. I have not had any issues with it causing any problems for my grass. My mower on the other hand isn't to thrilled about it. :)

Thanks hush, I assumed i would leach through , and might be additional beneficial to the trees i have growing but i did not want to harm them.

I am also excited to report hat i got my stg (sure to grow) medium in, it cost me $24 for 6 inserts for my ebb and grow. I also was fortunate to find a full out grow using ebb and flow and STG in the 420magazine forums, which gave me some great insights into issues i was trying to find a fix for before i ran into it, like algae, and why the insers sit so low in the bucket etc.. I am about to start germinating the next set of seeds and put them into the STG i think i will try the last 3 seeds and then i will order more seeds, can someone recommend a seedbank in canada? I just used cropkings I was very happy but there is a limited selection

I did alright by these guys: quebecannabisseeds
Sent an Email transfer, got them in week, discreet, freebies, 8 of 10 popped and are still healthy :)

THG and Sopappy thank you both for the suggestions I am looking into both

Please try to find some other nute line than GH. They were bought out by Scott's. The only way we can keep Monsanto from killing our earth is to quit supporting them.

I understand I am looking for other solutions but the next best is like 4 times the price, do you have any suggestions?
alot of people are recommending technaflora that is the one that is uber expensive

Tent conditions I currently have 10 cfl's and a 240 watt florescent, temp 23 degree c humidity is 67%. I have 2 going in clay pebbles, although not very clean they are lightweight, and 1 pot with STG in it to see what happens with algae. I am about to germinate another seed to stick in the STG

Please try to find some other nute line than GH. They were bought out by Scott's. The only way we can keep Monsanto from killing our earth is to quit supporting them.

Disgusting company. I always liked Scott's products, are they 'Monsanto'? <br/>
If you have a list of companies that you don't support, please post.

Tent conditions I currently have 10 cfl's and a 240 watt florescent, temp 23 degree c humidity is 67%. I have 2 going in clay pebbles, although not very clean they are lightweight, and 1 pot with STG in it to see what happens with algae. I am about to germinate another seed to stick in the STG

Not very clean? the stuff that settles on the bottom of the bucket(s)?<br>
better there than going through your pump :)

I know but comparatively STG has zero crap at the bottom, it actually makes it all the way back to the tub.
I am going to keep using the GH for now as its what i am currently used to although i am looking into the technaflora, which might even be more simple.

Well, I am still using GH, too as I had gallons of it and I am too poor to throw it away.....but I did buy it before Scott's bought them out. I am at the bottom of the gallons now though. I do have Jungle Juice sitting on my shelf and some AN pH Perfect. If I do not like the Jungle Juice, I will probably try the Technaflora. While nutes may be expensive, when you look at what they cost in relation to what you get, it is not a big deal.

Sopappy, Monsanto, Scott's, and Miracle Grow are all in bed together.

THG I am noticing a little turning on my leaves of both plants, I am using week1 seedling stage for my nutes although they both seem to be past that now?room conditions. 24c 69% humidity lights are 15 inches away temp is at height of plant. Ph is a little difficult to get exact as my meter isnt working properly but i have the drops and i try to keep it around a yellow which is 6, they are being fed 4 times a day I have a 15 minute cycle on 4 times a day.

View attachment IMG_20150907_211621_056.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150908_185545_249.jpg

Well, I am still using GH, too as I had gallons of it and I am too poor to throw it away.....but I did buy it before Scott's bought them out. I am at the bottom of the gallons now though. I do have Jungle Juice sitting on my shelf and some AN pH Perfect. If I do not like the Jungle Juice, I will probably try the Technaflora. While nutes may be expensive, when you look at what they cost in relation to what you get, it is not a big deal.

Sopappy, Monsanto, Scott's, and Miracle Grow are all in bed together.

Gotchya, dam, I liked Scott's stuff but I'll read the label, Monsanto, Scott's, and Miracle Grow

If the picture shows these were grown with the 3 part jungle juice in Promix. With just to of there additives bud candy and big bud. I ran these at 12ml a gallon of bloom 6 ml micro and 3ml of grow for the bud candy it was 7ml a gallon and I had powdered big bud and used a 1/4tsp per gallon. I also use Apple cider vinegar to bring ph down. Takes about 6mils to get my water to a 5.7 or so hope this helps you out

View attachment IMG_20140906_162026.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140906_162206.jpg

Latest posts

Back