Not so much of a journal...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I didn't really plan on growing anything this summer. So I pretended I wasn't. It didn't fool the plants I was growing though. So I have 5 plants that are flowering. 3 are Satori(1 is a different pheno than the other 2) and 2 are Green Crack. 1 Satori and 1 Green Crack lived in the woods and were shaded so they are leggy but healthier looking. The odd Satori is about 2 weeks ahead of the gang and already has an amber trich here and there and is almost completely cloudy. Sorry I am sideways. Came home from vacation and my entire yard was sideways. I am getting estimates to have it put back horizontal.:rofl:

View attachment IMG_3738.jpg

View attachment IMG_3739.jpg

View attachment IMG_3737.jpg

View attachment IMG_3736.jpg

View attachment IMG_3740.jpg

View attachment IMG_3734.jpg

most frustrating to see such Great looking plants on their side. I see this more here than anywhere. you think its peoples programs or a site issue? I grew out GC and was not all that happy with the end. Satori now thats a strain that holds its own

Good looking garden oldfogey8

:48:

Very nice OF, you better take the satori now if you want speedy, take at cloudy. They look really nice. Thanks for starting a not really journal.ha.

the buds need to develop more. the green crack is really speedy and the other satori plants will probably be harvested on the early side any way as it is getting cold here so i may not have a choice with them. one plant of couch lock would be ok as my stockpile of couch lock doobie is getting older(1-2 years in vacuum sealed jars with boveda packs).

Thanks pcduck. I have a bit of a problem. It is getting to that time of year where it gets cold and rainy. I had a bit of bud rot on my outdoor plant last year but was able to save most of it. Unfortunately I am heading to Taiwan next week for about 3 weeks. Not sure if my sons will be as diligent as I am so I may try to bring these indoors and finish in a tent. Not sure if that will work.

Thanks pcduck. I have a bit of a problem. It is getting to that time of year where it gets cold and rainy. I had a bit of bud rot on my outdoor plant last year but was able to save most of it. Unfortunately I am heading to Taiwan next week for about 3 weeks. Not sure if my sons will be as diligent as I am so I may try to bring these indoors and finish in a tent. Not sure if that will work.

They look very nice OlFogey, very nice indeed. You can bring them inside but instead of 12-12 I would suggest 10 hrs of light & 14 darkness. Also try to keep your temps down too. The goal is to keep them from trying to re-veg from the change in environment,:vap-Bong_smoker:

thanks, nick. have you done this before? i have seen a few posts where people say the tent had caused their plants to become infested with spider mites. those things suck...

Yup, last summer I pulled two late bloomers and brought them in on the porch. I put one directly into 12-12 and it re-vegged within a week. Not saying they all will but it happened to me. the other one I changed up my schedule and increased the nights, it was fine. I couldn't fit 'em both in the flower room at the same time or they would have bothe went at the same time. I just figgered it out, or maybe I got lucky. If they re-vegg in the last few weeks of budding, kinda really messes 'em up. :vap-Bong_smoker:

As to the spider mites, they weren't caused by the tent, if you ain't got bugs in the tent to begin with they can only come in with the plants.. Remember them old sticky traps for flies? Keep em hanging between the plants to minimize the chance of bugs. I hang about 10 of 'em in a 7x8 grow space with 8 plants.

awesome. thanks, nick. i appreciate the advice.

grrrrr... found some bud rot this morning. i was still a little up in the air about bringing the girls in to finish flowering but next week looks to be rainy for 4 days. probably start to put the tent together today and crank up the dehumidifier...

If you already found some bud rot, may already to late. :(

bummer. really? i have four letter words running thru my head...

Beautiful buds there oldfogey8. Great seeing more outdoor in flower. You may catch the bud rot yet. That humidifier may do the trick for you. I'm outdoor and air circulation is a must to dry the buds after dew or rain I have found. Growing outside is always a crap shoot, you harvest when you have to due to weather conditions and pray the bugs don't get them all the rest of the time. Hope all works out, what ever you decide. Grew Green Crack last year myself and we are down to the last of her buds now.

thanks for the encouragement, tc. i chopped off the branches with the rot carefully. i know wind or jostling the plant can spread the spores. it has just been humid, humid, humid here. i was trying to shake off the moisture in the mornings but it must not have worked. i had some bud rot last year outside as well but it was limited and i got an ok harvest(though i chopped earlier than i wanted to). 3 plants are all that will fit in my tent. and they are a bit more cramped than i prefer. i know that can make it difficult to get good air circulation but i have my fingers and my eyes crossed that they will be ok. i am heading to taiwan for a few weeks this friday so i will have to rely on my sons to keep a good eye on the girls and have them be sure to empty the dehumidifier once a day.

as a side note, i thought i had just satori and green crack. i am now thinking i have a cbd nordle. it is smaller like the nordles i grew inside last winter. i didn't think any of the cuttings rooted but this plant is sooooo different than the other 2 satoris, i am thinking i mislabeled the cutting. it would be nice to have a nordle as mrs fogey likes that plant and i am running low on my cut and cured flowers. the nordle is the bud rot victim. the green crack and the satori sisters seem ok. maybe is nordle more susceptible to rot?

Good you are cutting out the mold. Is the Nordle looking like a christmas tree? I hope you have one for your wife. I am always a wreck wondering if anything will finish and they always do. Green mojo for your finish. OF.

thanks rose. the plant that i thought was a different phenotype of satori is more christmas tree-ish than the other plants. it flowered a good 2 weeks before the rest of the brood. i am a worry wart. i worry from the day i buy the seeds...

I am told by one of the young fogeys that I should have some pictures tomorrow. I have not seen the plants in over a week so it should be a nice surprise for me. I am about 2 weeks away from chop chop I think for the 2 I still have living outside in the backyard and the rumored Nordle I put in my tent.

Latest posts

Back