Things you need to do before starting a first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Things you need to do before starting a first grow:

(everyone else add on things I missed)

The single most important thing is a grow guide. many online. MarPassion has one.
A grow guide should be read over and over and over. I personally have hundreds of links catagorized on my CPU and two softcover books on my night stand. Not a single day goes by I don't find out something new. no matter how minor.

The second is determining your grow area and budget. What do you wish to acheive and what is your goal. This is critical. if you want a 1/4 lb. every two months then you have to make many preperations and you budget went up. If you want to just grow a plant to see if you can do it, then thats a different scenerio.

The third. Security. Odor control, are you willing to take the risk. This is crucial. If you have loose lips and do not have the capability to ensure that the grow is secure and private then it is not advisable to grow.

The fourth Read the grow guide again. Start with your plan. don't start a sprout until you have a plan and everything is set-up. O'wise you'll be rushing and do it half-assed. It is good to post your plan in detail so that it may be reviewed by experienced growers that might forsee a problem that a first timer might not see.

Thanks For This Help.

I Have Taken This All Into Consideration & Have Plans Needing Review In The Grow Box Section.

-Mega

Want to add one thing that rarely see mentioned. Smoke alarms and a fire extinguuisher is a must. Its worth 20 bucks to me to have these items by my HPS.

So never forget Smoke alarm and fire extinguisher. ;)

I AGREE TOTALLY MAKE A PLAN And try to stick to it 8

I would suggest examining the style of grow you choose to see if it fits your schedule

do you want to spend 15 minutes every day or 3 hours 1x per week

the grow style you choose will determine how your time is spent

Yes your time because it seems with growing something always comes up weather good or bad you got to have the time to do your thing or you will certainlly fail look at my siuation i got m grow with out reseaching and i ended up blowing a bunch of cash that i really cant afford to thrown down the drain like i had to and the building i'm in bad idea to many people running around and i try to keep to my self so naturly they think i;m up to no good because people love to gossip and thats a fact so i shut down real fast and changed my grow into a tomatoe farm lol at least i'm going to have fresh tomatoes while i still got my handfs in the dirt and practice makes progress i use this time for when the right time is right i.' doing it the right way this time not leaveing out anything this way i wont fail or at least i'll try my best with a little help from you guys.888

IMO read read read invest right the first time do not start off like 250 watt grow that is wasting your time and money as you get better trust me you will want to yield more n more and in order to do this you need min 600 watt and up lighting source anything lower is really childs play.
Cooling in order to grow properly you need proper room temps in many cases rooms are to hot ,,,,
things you should know replacing yearly bulbs and reflectors should be changed out yearly as you will lose 5 - 10 percent annually in yield
Cool your room not your bulb meaning stay away from cool tube reflector and glass set ups by cooling your bulb you lose 10 percent easily when you cool the bulb your really cooling the arc causing voltage drop So actually your dimming the light so keep in mind open reflector is best having glass and cooling the bulb you automatically lose close to 25 percent which is huge 3 grows you lost 75 percent , and that is alot

Latest posts

Back