Light movers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
I was just wondering wether its worth buying a light mover or not? At the moment i have 2x400w hps. If i were to buy a light mover and cut down to just one light would it be as productive as having two stationary lights?? Obviously i would loose 400w so there is farm less lumens per sqft but its wether it would be more efficient for the power cost against the yeild?? if you understand that, because i dont :goodposting:. Or what if i were to use a 600w with a light mover? reducing by 200w on power consumption. I dont know :eek:

I would keep the two 400ws... and forget the light mover... i think the light movers are more about not having to rotate adn move around ur plants as much... instead you put the light on a track.. so that all plants get equal light... they are to prevent the plants in the middle directly below the light from beasting out of control.. while the others fight for light...

i purchased a lite mover /8ft rail + 1k hps conv bulbs - would have been wayyyy better to have went with 2x600 hps. as the bulb moves down the track the lite coverage looks great passing over the girls only to have the first 2 feet of plants disappear into nearly darkness, the same is repeated a minute later at the other end, so only the middle 5 feet of plants get the primo lighting + u run the lites closer burning the tops as they grow. i barely use mine any more, would definetly not recommed - unless u have a **** load of lites.

Latest posts

Back