rockwool vs. jiffy plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
I up potted 10 plants yesterday to the flowering room,,,,,i took 2 clones from each plant (20 clones) 10 in rockwool ,,10 in jiffy plugs ,,want to see witch grows better,,,,im sick of ordering rockwool thru the mail,,,some times it takes a week to get here and when it shows up its not the ones ive ordered ,,,jiffy plugs are less the half the cost of rockwool and I can walk into any Walmart and get jiffy plugs,,,will post the results as they start to root....hoping the jiffy plugs are equal to the rockwool,,,,zig

I don't like rockwool either. The rapid rooters are expensive but i like them. i hope the jiffy ones work. I have been using just raw honey for the cloning powder and it works as well. yay... Honey is antibacterial so yes and yes.

Actually, I don't really like either one. I am partial to Rapid Rooters. I can get them locally--50 for about $17. Jiffy plugs are at the bottom of my list.

I used some organic cloning gel that I had never used before and had great success this last go around. I have never heard of using honey as a cloning aid. Cool.

I have used both. Don't really care for the jiffy plug, to acidic. Rockwool you have to pretreat it to get to desired pH. They work pretty good for me.

thanks guys,,,well see ,,,pcduck your right rockwool needs to have a ph of 5.5 for best results ,,,rose next time I take clones gonna try that honey thing,,,,does it matter if its raw honey or processed honey ,,,zig

if it aint broke.

jiffy pucks and stimroot.. working for over 20 years here ;)

its a tie ,,,,jiffy plugs 1 rockwool 1

rockwool takes the lead,,,,, 4 rockwool 3 jiffy plugs

Cool ziggy, now i know why i don't like rockwool, i don't ph. Back to rapid rooters I guess.

Cool ziggy, now i know why i don't like rockwool, i don't ph. Back to rapid rooters I guess.

LOL--even when I did pH, I didn't like rockwool. Rapid rooters are the only thing I use. Picked up a pack from the grow store just yesterday.

Latest posts

Back